• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

another 68 with 69 front end George Hemi transplant too

zupanj

Reaction score
That was a fun video. I would have liked to have seen more about the build but still it's fun. I think $76K is not a bad price for what he got. If you start putting a pencil to a project like that it doesn't take long to run up big dollars. They had $55,000 in the car which is pretty good from my experience. I think Bob was in that neighborhood with his car. I wish they had more info on the drive train and the brakes.

I still think I would like to put in an 18 spline transmission and Dana 60 in my car but I don't want to spend that kind of money since I am unemployed/retired now. Up to this point my 23-spline trans and 8 3/4 rear have held up just fine.

Jack

sam z

Reaction score
Obviously an incredible car. They must not like 68 grilles. I always like the plain deck lid on the 68 cars. Much better than the deluxe back end in my opinion.

It's interesting to watch this stuff here or on TV. There is a lot of money in other parts of the
country and where I live you just don't see a lot this stuff. The money just isn't there.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
That's about right for a non numbers restomod cool video. I don't think they make a 68 grill yet.

moparchris

Reaction score
I saw that car in person at SEMA that year 2007 I think? Anyways it was well done, I wished my car hooked as good as that thing. :lol: For 600 plus hp it sure didnt want to spin the tires. Georges Runner is way nicer. IMHO.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
sam z said:
Obviously an incredible car. They must not like 68 grilles. I always like the plain deck lid on the 68 cars. Much better than the deluxe back end in my opinion.

It's interesting to watch this stuff here or on TV. There is a lot of money in other parts of the
country and where I live you just don't see a lot this stuff. The money just isn't there.

they dont make 68 grilles and head lite bezels yet......and i love that decor pkg rear trunk panel on the trunk lid.....really sets it off....just my opinion

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
moparchris said:
I saw that car in person at SEMA that year 2007 I think? Anyways it was well done, I wished my car hooked as good as that thing. :lol: For 600 plus hp it sure didnt want to spin the tires. Georges Runner is way nicer. IMHO.
thanks chris......i was thinking the same thing.....didnt have much balls or he had no line lock....i did see the brake lites on when he was doing one of his burnouts.....did well on ebay

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
moparchris said:
thanks chris......i was thinking the same thing.....didnt have much balls or he had no line lock....i did see the brake lites on when he was doing one of his burnouts.....did well on ebay
I have to agree with Chris, George yours appears to be much nicer. :thumbsup:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
saw that car in person at SEMA that year 2007 I think? Anyways it was well done, I wished my car hooked as good as that thing. :lol: For 600 plus hp it sure didnt want to spin the tires. Georges Runner is way nicer. IMHO.[/quote]
thanks chris......i was thinking the same thing.....didnt have much balls or he had no line lock....i did see the brake lites on when he was doing one of his burnouts.....did well on ebay[/quote]
I have to agree with Chris, George yours appears to be much nicer. :thumbsup:[/quote]

Well I have seen George's car and it is sweet and does look much better!!! :thumbsup: :worship:

mannye

Reaction score
I would love to see what that car would get now. 75K seems like a lot of money for what that was. Not to diminish it, but hot rods like that usually never get what was put into them.

moparstuart

Reaction score
mannye said:
I would love to see what that car would get now. 75K seems like a lot of money for what that was. Not to diminish it, but hot rods like that usually never get what was put into them.
and i would bet the price of 55k is retail labor rates (marked up) , not what he actually pays his inhouse shop guys . If he really did spend 55k he need to find a better parts finder and get better labor rates on him in house shop guys . I bet he didnt have more them 40k in the car .

mannye

Reaction score
40k sounds more reasonable. I don't know how much those hemis cost, but i bet that alone was close to half the cost. Put in suspension and that nice upholstery and it's easy to see how the numbers could mount up... not to mention tranny and rear end.

And it's a really nice hot rod. I wish I owned it! But 75K? nope.

moparchris

Reaction score
If your familiar with the Wrecks to Riches series, then you would remember that they never include the cost of the labor. He had 55k in part on that car and over 250 hours in labor unaccounted for.

moparstuart

Reaction score
moparchris said:
If your familiar with the Wrecks to Riches series, then you would remember that they never include the cost of the labor. He had 55k in part on that car and over 250 hours in labor unaccounted for.
no he does quote paint prices and labor seperate for every car build and it's includes in his prices , at least every show i have watched .
His paint guy even quotes in this video 700.00 in time and paint to repaint the deck lid , dont tell me thats not a retail marked up price . And thats even a lid already prepped with all body work dont , thats just scuffing , prepping for paint and repainting it

mannye

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
moparchris said:
His paint guy even quotes in this video 700.00 in time and paint to repaint the deck lid , dont tell me thats not a retail marked up price . And thats even a lid already prepped with all body work dont , thats just scuffing , prepping for paint and repainting it

Yeah, but it's Hemi paint.

moparstuart

Reaction score
mannye said:
moparstuart said:
moparchris said:

Yeah, but it's Hemi paint.
:basketcase: :basketcase: :basketcase:

Back