• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Architect bites the dust

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
My youngest daughter got laid off yesterday. She graduated from SCIARCH in LA about 3 years ago and was with a firm over there. Also the same day the gal she sublets a room to got canned. This one may be coming home. :popcorn:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. Sorry to hear that, Bob. Hopefully she finds something soon.

Just out of curiousity - how many kids do you have? I know you have mentioned daughters in LA and NY; any other children?

Ray

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:

Just out of curiousity - how many kids do you have? I know you have mentioned daughters in LA and NY; any other children?

Ray
That would be the full count :yesnod:

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:

Ray
That would be the full count :yesnod:
you forgot about your adopted son stuart , who will inherit the hemi :jester:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
you forgot about your adopted son stuart , who will inherit the hemi :jester:

I somehow doubt that he forgot about StuRat the "red & green-loving stepchild that will never get his hands on that Beautiful B5 Hemi-Car"... You're getting a used set of sand tires... :lmao:

:jester:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that but usually things like that work out for the best. Hope that happens in her case....... :cheers:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's too bad, but everytime i was out of work, it was the kick in the paints I needed to get something better.

CWR

Reaction score
My daughter lost her contract job last year on the same day our Prime Minister said"nobody in Canada will feel the effects of the recession in the US"

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Life set-backs are always sad news and it seems quite a while since I've heard any good news from anyone anywhere. The shop I work at was just sold so we're waiting for the fallout from that because things can go in quite a few directions here, mentally exhausting for everyone here. But in the end everyone will land on their feet sooner or later even if it doesn't seem that way at first. She'll find something and make it work.

Back