• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another pic request- holes in rear frame rail and trunk cross member.

torredcuda

Reaction score
Passenger frame rail behind axle has two small holes, factory or did someone drill them? Trunk support/cross member has a small hole between the larger two on both sides, factory or someone drill?

20221220_113010.jpg

20221220_113042.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
First 2 don't belong there the other is a spot weld hole for the gas tank centering brackets that are missing it appears

DSCN1871.JPG
1969 trunk floor

Last edited:

torredcuda

Reaction score
I figured the frame holes don`t belong and I think there was a fuel cell or some other non-stock tank mounted so they must of cut of the brackets - crap! I bet they only come with the support and I can`t buy them separate?

torredcuda

Reaction score
I would think you could make those.
Ya, I probably could, I have 30+ years in sheet metal shops, 10 years in collision shops and many years restoring my rusty junks so I have some experience with metal. :rofl: Would need some dimensions though.

torredcuda

Reaction score
Over on FBBO a guy said the `70 had two rubber stops screwed in the support instead of the brackets. I actually had the rubber pieces I took off but thought they might have been added by a previuos owner. Anyone have a `70 that can confirm that they are supposed to be there? AMD shows the support s `68-70 but I don`t trust them as being 100% correct.

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
The story about the rubber stops looks correct according to your picture.
But I find it hard to believe that they would have put a "rubber" stop for a fuel tank locator.
I've done exactly one of these with the AMD repo part for a 69 and I also find the heat from the welds on the frame rail junction strange and not "factory".
Not much help but that's what think.
The way I found it was bracket spotted to the rails and the pan spotted on top of it.

Back