• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WANTED Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger

Reaction score
Hmm, good question. I seem to recall telescopic as factory. I believe that is what was on the car, but can't be sure. Some Bozo cut it off at the base.

A12

Reaction score
If it's hollow at the base then telescopic, solid of course is fixed for best FM and okay AM radio reception. FM radio? But then again I don't think the fixed antenna was available (stock) until around the '71 or '72 models from Chrysler. Fixed was an FM thing as best reception for FM was with an antenna extended around 32"-33" IIRC.

Ranger

Reaction score
It has an AM radio with 8 track. The antenna appears to be solid at the base.

A12

Reaction score
Ranger what year car are we talking about?

Ranger

Reaction score
'69 RR (sorry about that). I'm so used to the Cadillac site where it is listed in my profile I forget to list it here.

Ranger

Reaction score
Hmm, not sure it needs to be functional as the radio is not working. It had an ugly (inop) under dash radio in it that I yanked. Have yet to pull the birds nest of wires out and "try" to get the factory radio working, but not sure you could even listen to it, the pipes are pretty load (and music to your ears anyway), but if I do replace it, I should probably stay with a factory look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back