• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anti-theft secret switch hookup?

woodwiz

Reaction score
I've heard about this hookup to an active switch already in place or adding it in a good hiding spot to keep the dirtbags from having a easy time stealing my ride. Anybody have expeirience with this setup?...Saw something while shopping on Classic Ind.

quikbird

Reaction score
most newer wiring harnesses like the Haywire kit i put in my car have a neutral safety setup already in the harness. i just wired it to a switch and put switch is not very visible place.
if using original harness then can interrupt several circuits with a switch that would work as well

RKNRLR

Reaction score
Easy to put a switch into the circuit anywhere along the ignition line. Have had mates hook it up to the cigarette lighter, works a charm. Just need to push the lighter in before trying to start her up

RKNRLR

Reaction score
Got a mate who had a few old Valiants, he always smoked Tillie's, and could roll a smoke with one hand while cruising down the road.
Got a shock when he started looking for a val 20 years later - couldn't get a slant 6 with 6 months rego for $500 anymore!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Trying to find these old block's are getting harder to come by. That is what the scrap yard's want the most is the Pig Iron.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Actually, on my car if I put it in park and just pull back on the shifter slightly but still in park the car while not start. You have to put pressure back up on it and then it will start by reactivating the neutral safety switch. I have another switch somewhere else also but that first trick works for short stops.

mopar jack

Reaction score
Back in the day if you had a jumper lead with alligator clips you would just connect it from the + post on the battery to the + side of the coil(hot wire) and use a screw drive to short the start replay and you were gone in less than 60 seconds. So i like to take a wire and connect it to the - side of the coil and run it to a switch inside the car(hidden) and connected to ground to prevent a hot wire start.

mopar jack

Reaction score
If you have a tach you already have the wire in the car so you just splice a switch (hidden) in and connect to ground

Back