• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone ever do a shift kit?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I haven't done one in years, but they're not that hard.

Just keep everything neat and in order and note where all the balls are when you take the valve body apart. You won't have a problem.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
my moto is if you dont know what your doing ........bring it to somebody who does....i dont mess with trannys....put them in and take them out,,thats all folks

1BADBIRD

Reaction score
Here is a saying for you "When in doubt build er stout with something that you know about"

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
LOL, Once I get the kit and look at the parts and directions I'll decide. It's supposed to be a pretty easy upgrade. If it freaks me out, I'll bring the valve body to a friend of mine who builds trannies...

My other option was buying the Cheetah valve body already complete, just swap em, but there's a $200 difference.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Plymouthfan said:
LOL, Once I get the kit and look at the parts and directions I'll decide. It's supposed to be a pretty easy upgrade. If it freaks me out, I'll bring the valve body to a friend of mine who builds trannies...

My other option was buying the Cheetah valve body already complete, just swap em, but there's a $200 difference.
Are you goint to have a reverse light added? :lmao:

Back