• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone headed to Carisle this weekend?

RonLiv

Reaction score
Look at these two pictures. My car has a clear seam separating the quarter panel from the trunk lid, the B5 car does not. When I look at the Y2 Car, it has the same seam as my car. All the convertible Roadrunners were built in St Louis, so assume they would all be the same.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Look at these two pictures. My car has a clear seam separating the quarter panel from the trunk lid, the B5 car does not. When I look at the Y2 Car, it has the same seam as my car. All the convertible Roadrunners were built in St Louis, so assume they would all be the same.
Just over-restored. The owner or the body shop just filled in the seam to make it smoother.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That group has been meeting up at Carlisle for years. Most of us know one-another pretty well and so there are a lot of good natured jabs traded - which I am sure that you also see here on the forum. We're always open to seeing new faces there and I'm sure I speak for all when I state that we were glad to make your acquaintance.
I agree with Ray, it was good to meet you Ron and I hope you stick around.

RonLiv

Reaction score
I agree with Ray, it was good to meet you Ron and I hope you stick around.
No plans to go anywhere, this group has been really helpful to me and as we all know problems never stop.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks Russ! Since I'm kinda new to this car show thing, one thing I have learned at the participant voted shows is sometimes it's who you know. Taking nothing away from the B5 car, it was stunning for sure, and well deserving of any award offered. Plus the owners were very nice people who I hung with a fair amount of the time under their tent. There was a Y2 car, also a vert, which was absolutely perfect, not sure if it won anything or not. The results posting left a little to be desired, all they show is the year & make of the car and the owners name. Really? With near 3,000 cars there am I supposed to know everyone?
I here that. Man did you have a stuffed runner in the front seat. Also did you have your placard in front of the car. All of these things add point's in the car show. Russ.

RonLiv

Reaction score
I here that. Man did you have a stuffed runner in the front seat. Also did you have your placard in front of the car. All of these things add point's in the car show. Russ.
LOL, the placard was in place but no stuffed toy Roadrunners. They had about 10 little ones hanging all over the car, an American flag sticking out of the spring on the hood closure, and a window tray with a plastic hamburger and French fries. They garnered a lot of attention.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
LOL, the placard was in place but no stuffed toy Roadrunners. They had about 10 little ones hanging all over the car, an American flag sticking out of the spring on the hood closure, and a window tray with a plastic hamburger and French fries. They garnered a lot of attention.
Never herd that one before. Sound's like he knows someone. Like you said politics suck's.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Never herd that one before. Sound's like he knows someone. Like you said politics suck's.
Without all that stuff it was still a very nice looking car. It was the wife's car, so it had her touches on it I suppose.

Back