• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anyone use Blue Mountain Metal finishing in Bethel, PA?

resq302

Reaction score
Has anyone used Blue Mountain Metal Finishing in Bethel, PA for any annodized aluminum trim work? If so, what were your results? Problems, complaints? How did the parts turn out and what kind of turn around time did you have? I am looking to get some trim pieces of our GTX refinished due to some small dents in the lower body molding. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
problem I am having is that is they do not do the annodizing there in house.

I wouldn't sweat that. A lot of places farm out plating and anodizing.

resq302

Reaction score
what I'm really hoping is that the trim is stainless and not the annodized aluminum. If it is stainless, I can restore it myself. If its aluminum, well, then I need to send it out for plating.

Big John

Reaction score
Rocker panel trim?

It's been a long time since I had a piece in my hand, but I think it's aluminum.

resq302

Reaction score
no, not rocker molding. This is the lower body molding that separates the blacked out lower body area to the upper color area.

Big John

Reaction score
I'll bet that's stainless. See if a magnet sticks to it. The stainless steel Chrysler used for trim is magnetic.

resq302

Reaction score
be nice if it is stainless! One more thing I can do in house. Just called Dad and he said he took a magnet to it and it did not stick. Looks like it is aluminum. :(

Back