• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AV Gas??

JJRJR

Reaction score
Hey guys, a buddy of mine just shot me a picture of a gas pump near my house with 100 Octane, but the pump says "AV Gas." What is that and can I use it in my Runner?

If not, have you guys had any luck with Octane Boost??

Thanks,

John

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Aviation fuel. I use to mix it with premium because its got a drying agent in it that will cause your rubber lines to fail. Some say it's a no no but its used allot around here off road in the dunes where horse power is needed.

moparstuart

Reaction score
JJRJR said:
Hey guys, a buddy of mine just shot me a picture of a gas pump near my house with 100 Octane, but the pump says "AV Gas." What is that and can I use it in my Runner?

Thanks,

John
lucas make a great octane boosted but it aint cheap

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
JJRJR said:

Thanks,

John
:yeathat: About nine bucks a bottle.I use it.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
moparstuart said:
JJRJR said:

Thanks,

John
:yeathat: About nine bucks a bottle.I use it.

I run the Lucas product in Pinky, er, the Red Camaro... :D
Just bought some this past week...it was more like $10.50 a bottle...

earlyrides

Reaction score
I have the same 100 octane from the pump at a gas station here. Our 11 to 1 6-BBL Runner seems to like it.
But it REALLY likes a 5 gallon drink of the 110 octane fuel I get from our local Suzuki dealer better. I usually will top off the tank after with normal pump premium.
The 100 octane is around $8/gallon but the 110 is only $9/gallon and seems to be more of the "REAL" deal.

Either way; a couple of good romps on the throttle to open up the 6-BBL and the tank is on "E" again. (that stands for "enough" right?)

We measure our fuel economy in "smiles per gallon" not "miles per gallon" so our smilage is outstanding!

road runner burnin.jpg

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
We measure our fuel economy in "smiles per gallon" not "miles per gallon" so our smilage is outstanding!

THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dobie

Reaction score
Yup, avaition fuel. My dad used to run a mix of it in our Chevette years ago. After his flight lessons he'd top of the car tank with a few gallons. Ive ran it in my RR mixed with premium. It ran pretty good, although I agree that the 110 stuff is better. Last year it was about $30 for 5 gal of 100 AV gas and $35 for the 110.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
local gas station has one pump with Sunoco 110 racing gas, was over $8 a gallon last time I looked. they keep a padlock on it.

A31PKG

Reaction score
Also I believe AV gas contains lead? Good stuff to prevent detonation and keep valve stems slippery.

Back