• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

axle leaking gear oil

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
since my abuse at the airport ive been changing things for the better...like lowering fuel filter and fuel pump below the fuel cell......well while figuring out what i am going to do i look over and see gear oil leaking out the drum on the slick....upgraded my axles to moser...stock splines with new bearings around 5 years ago..i dont think i replaced the inner seals..dana 60..what kind of job is this??...i hope the bearing is still good....i guess i will get into it tomorrow and find out

george68hemirr

Reaction score
I called moser and asked if he though the bearing might be bad...was new 4 years ago....5000 miles....and said no...is a sealed unit ...he said most likely was the housing seal.....so thats what i am replacing

george68hemirr

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
We want pics of this process................

too late...its all together,,,,,no big deal....slide hammer gets the seal out....then i use my seal installer and beat it in place...done deal

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
Hoosier Bird said:

too late...its all together,,,,,no big deal....slide hammer gets the seal out....then i use my seal installer and beat it in place...done deal
:toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
Hoosier Bird said:

I figured that it would be a non-event...

:jester:

Back