• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back in the swing of things...

chapdog105

Reaction score
After taking a couple of months off from my restoration, it's time to get back into it. I lost my steam after the car was returned from the body guy with so many flaws. The mig welder is fixed, and all my replacement metal is here. It's time to get back to business. :hack: :hack:
I have 2 more days of work, then I'm off for about 5 weeks. :banana:
My goal is to spend as much time as I can working on the car, and of course working on my golf game.

I got a lot of Roadrunner running around done today!
I dropped off my interior at a local shop today. I should have the buckets, the buddy seat, and back seat foamed and covered in a week or so.
I dropped the harmonic balancer off at the engine shop today too. They say the motor will be ready in a week or two.
I picked up my bumpers today. My new bumper brackets got here a couple weeks ago.

IMG_20110622_123859.jpg

rkb2

Reaction score
Hey chapdog, I see you got some new bumpers. I am in need of some myself. I have fairly straight originals but don't have a good plating place for a reasonable price and have been afraid to pay the big bucks for new thinking I will be dissappointed. If you don't mind, let me know what you think of the ones you got and let me know where you got them. I'm gonna have to make the plunge in the near future. Thanks Ron :lock:

chapdog105

Reaction score
rkb2 said:
Hey chapdog, I see you got some new bumpers. I am in need of some myself. I have fairly straight originals but don't have a good plating place for a reasonable price and have been afraid to pay the big bucks for new thinking I will be dissappointed. If you don't mind, let me know what you think of the ones you got and let me know where you got them. I'm gonna have to make the plunge in the near future. Thanks Ron :lock:

Mine are originals that were straightened and plated. I was going to go with repops from AMD, but opted to go with the originals.
It was about $500 to plate and straighten the originals, and the repops were about $600.
I'll take some pics after I remove the packaging.

Alex

rkb2

Reaction score
Thanks! I see your downstate from me but if your happy with results, :lock: I get that way from time to time maybe I'll try your source. Keep me posted.

chapdog105

Reaction score
rkb2 said:
Thanks! I see your downstate from me but if your happy with results, :lock: I get that way from time to time maybe I'll try your source. Keep me posted.

They were done at Hajjar Plating in Wayne MI.
The $500 was a shop rate. The guy that did my body work paid for my bumpers as a peace offering after I was discontent with the job he did underneath my vert.
Apparently the cost is going to increase substantially in the near future according to the body guy that paid for mine. Or at least that's what they told him...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Git er done. I need to hit the links myself now that the summer rates are on a guy can hit some nice courses fairly cheap :yesnod:

chapdog105

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Git er done. I need to hit the links myself now that the summer rates are on a guy can hit some nice courses fairly cheap :yesnod:

You can tell you live in the desert. Summer Rates here in Michigan mean twice as much!

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
rkb2 said:

I got mine done by the local paint supply/NAPA auto parts and they sent them down around Detroit some place.

Run me around $200 and they come with a lifetime warranty and I have had other bumpers done and never any problem.

They look really good.

chapdog105

Reaction score
abodybill said:
rkb2 said:

I got mine done by the local paint supply/NAPA auto parts and they sent them down around Detroit some place.

Run me around $200 and they come with a lifetime warranty and I have had other bumpers done and never any problem.

They look really good.

Hey Bill,
That 7 year old that took his mom's car for a drive to see his dad was up in Caseville wasn't it?

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
chapdog105 said:
abodybill said:
rkb2 said:

They look really good.

Hey Bill,
That 7 year old that took his mom's car for a drive to see his dad was up in Caseville wasn't it?

Yep,
Right around the corner from my farm house.

He had his stepdad's sunfire that's why he could reach the pedals.

Sheriff and the local took them 20 miles to catch him and then he wouldn't let them in the car.

If they didn't get him stopped he was about 12 miles from his dads place.

Back