• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back Seat

Zapa

Reaction score
Question for the gurus

My 69 RR has a plymouth symbol in the center of the back rest of the back seat with the ribbs. All the years i've owned this car I never gave it a thought. I also owned a Satellite conv that had the same design. But today as I was looking at it it dawned on me. I've never seen that back rest with the plymouth symbol in a 69 Roadrunner. I've seen lots of them in GTX's and Satellites including my own.

So today I'm walking around with the question "Does my RR have a GTX back seat in it?" "Or did I not pay close enough attention to the 100's ive seen?"

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
According to the RR and SB resto book all 1969 RR that were HT/Rag top models with bucket seats had one Plymouth tri-star center of rear seat.

Mine has it as it's a HT and bucket seat car.

Hope this is what your looking for.

Zapa

Reaction score
Thats exactly what i wanted to know. Mine is a HT with buckets. That would explain my Satellite too which was a Rag top with buckets.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
abodybill said:
According to the RR and SB resto book all 1969 RR that were HT/Rag top models with bucket seats had one Plymouth tri-star center of rear seat.

FWIW, my car has it, has buckets, but it's a coupe!! I know that interior has been replaced at some point in time. So, is it right or not! :huh:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
abodybill said:

FWIW, my car has it, has buckets, but it's a coupe!! I know that interior has been replaced at some point in time. So, is it right or not! :huh:
My fender tag shows M6X witch is medium vinyl bucket and that's the rear seat that came with it. The post cars had burlap and backward armrests :D

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
abodybill said:

According to the book if it is correct the coupes didn't get the tri-star only HT/Rag Tops.

Might be that the HT/Rag Tops got an up grde interior??

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:

Steve, IIRC your car has the A87 Road Runner decor package; it is supposed to have the upgraded "Satellite" interior.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
The post cars had burlap and backward armrests :D

Shows what you know. The correct response is "burlap and NO armrests"... :lol:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

Wake up, that's the A12 with armrest delete :jester:

Zapa

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

I though post cars were for people who had window licker's so the couldn't jump out if you put them in the back. And the arm rests are there but on the inside, since there is all that wasted room where the windows cant roll down. A12 post cars were available with Mod Burlap and small chrome spitoons in the arm rests but only if it was an auto on the column bought new on the 3rd sunday in june. You'd be suprised what you can learn on Craigslist.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
12 posts and Zapa has this crowd figured out already... :basketcase:

You'll know that you have truly arrived when Bob offers to "take you for a ride in the desert"...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
12 posts and Zapa has this crowd figured out already... :basketcase:

You'll know that you have truly arrived when Bob offers to "take you for a ride in the desert"...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He hasn't crossed me yet, I'm kinda liking the guy :cheers:

Zapa

Reaction score
BBillyC said:
Mine is a post and all burlap with a tristar, armrests inverted.

Does it have the ultra rare "Shaker" Steering wheel?
23777170030_large.jpg

glhcarl

Reaction score
When I ordered my RR in 1969 the salesman really pushed the A87 Decor package. He even pointed out that there were no arm rest and sitting in the rear seat would be uncomfortable. I explained to him if I was ever in the back seat, I would not be sitting! :devil:

By the way I would have ordered the Decor package if I could have deleted the chrome on the post. I really wanted the post to be the same color as the rest of the body.

Back