• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back to work

mcmopar

Reaction score
Well, it was good to go back to work Saturday. I got a part-time job at a meat and produce market and while the money isn't anywhere near what I was making when I was working full-time it will help make ends meet. Once I get going we can finally make some needed upgrades to the house and I can get my plan going to rebuild the road runner to Pure Stock Muscle Car Drags specs. I will have a nice '68 383 from my Dodge Polara once I buy out my partner's stake in it ($450). I'm gonna make some room in the garage and put it on a stand in there and go through it as funds allow. I'm thinking that we (by buddy Jim - classracer) can coax low 14's-high 13's out of it in due time. I'll hang on to all the parts I have in it right now for the time being just in case I miss the power it now has but I'll probably get rid of them as time goes by.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
great news :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
X2.... I got some badly needed work I'm painting a house, should keep me busy for a week and pays decent.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Great news John! :thumbsup: That must be a big relief knowing that a steady income will be coming in! Are you keeping your own new venture going as well?

mcmopar

Reaction score
Yes, as a matter of fact I made about $290 last month. It isn't big money but it paid a few bills. I'm sitting here waiting to deliver 2 more projects on Thursday, too.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great news, John. Too bad you're not closer; I could probably help hook you up with something until your business really takes flight or you find something in your field. We're doing well and going through a hiring phase.

mcmopar

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Great news, John. Too bad you're not closer; I could probably help hook you up with something until your business really takes flight or you find something in your field. We're doing well and going through a hiring phase.

Wanna open a satellite office in Orlando? :jester:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
ACME A12 said:

Wanna open a satellite office in Orlando? :jester:

Some folks in my organization think I am the satellite office... :D

Back