• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Backspaceballs, the wheel!

Tig Tetanus

Reaction score
Hey birds of a feather! I’m going to upgrade from 14” wheels to 15” wheels, steelies with dog dish, and blackwall tires. I’m going to buy new, so how do I know what backspace to get? 4” vs 4.5”. ??? I’m looking at 15x7 in the front and 15x8 in the rear. I’d like some fat tires on the back, but not so fat where it will not perform well and safe. And I want it to look badass too, naturally. Thanks!

Steve

Reaction score
I'm running 15 x 7,front,4" BS,235/60 x 15 tyres.
15 x 8,rear,4.5 BS,275/60 x 15.
No rubbing of tyres at all even on full lock.

Tig Tetanus

Reaction score
This is exactly the info I was looking for, thanks!!! How’s it look? I’m guessing BADASS!!! 275 isn’t too wide for the 8” wheel? Do you think 70’s would be too tall for the front, or is there more than 10mil clearance? Cheers!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
15 X 8 rims on back. Running 275/60R15. Contact to surface is about 9 inches. Bulge is 11-inch width. If I where to go with a 9-inch width rim, then the tire might contact either inner fender well or outer fender. To put a larger tire on rear it came down to mini tubing the car and that creates a lot of work.

Tig Tetanus

Reaction score
15 X 8 rims on back. Running 275/60R15. Contact to surface is about 9 inches. Bulge is 11-inch width. If I where to go with a 9-inch width rim, then the tire might contact either inner fender well or outer fender. To put a larger tire on rear it came down to mini tubing the car and that creates a lot of work.
That sounds about right; too much work for a just a little more tire. I thinking tubbing it only makes sense if you’re gonna drag it. Thanks!

Tig Tetanus

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I was about to pull the trigger on some 15x7 and 15x8 steelies from wheel vintiques to go with my original dog dishes, but now I’m reading that people are commenting the original caps won’t fit on the Wheel Vintiques steelies. Wtf?! Anyone have any experience with putting old dog dish on new steelies?

RonLiv

Reaction score
I learned that one the hard way. I was in England for about 6-months working for my Company. I was in my mid 20's then. I was at the local pub admiring the talent and questioned one of my colleagues about a particular women. He told me to go up and introduce yourself as "Randy" and I'd be in. What did I know, so since I have no real fear of rejection, nothing ventured nothing gained, I had at it. I was promptly slapped in the face. We all had a good laugh. And I did eventually get a date with the girl.

Back