• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad glass

69383RR

Reaction score
Has anyone tried anything to remove scratches from their glass ? The last time someone painted this car they got a little carried away with the sander and put several curly Q sand marks in the side glass and it looks like crap . I looked at one product but I'm not sure if it works . A glass guy in town said there's nothing that can help but I don't want to believe that . Or do you just live with the scratches , not an option for me .

http://www.eastwood.com/glass-polis...ODE=GA260010&gclid=COTLnITD77oCFXHxOgod1xsAoQ

Last edited:

droptop

Reaction score
Usually, if you can feel the scratch with your fingernail, it won't buff out. Save yourself a lot of time, money, and aggravation and replace the glass.:cents:

inri

Reaction score
My bad I thought this thread was about Bad Gas lol :welcoming:

Unless you're going to park the car at one of those car shows and prance around with a cherry coke in one hand with your pinky in the air I wouldn't worry about a couple of swirls in the glass. :beguiled:

69383RR

Reaction score
Usually, if you can feel the scratch with your fingernail, it won't buff out. Save yourself a lot of time, money, and aggravation and replace the glass.:cents:

Thanks , there's a guy on eBay selling what I need , brand new for a faction of what AMD is asking . I will buy it , unless someone else has any ideas .

:stuckup:

Last edited:

69383RR

Reaction score
If tinting is done on the inside of the glass as I think it is it wont hide the scratches . Its only one rear quarter piece and its cheep . The only thing I'm worried about is I heard they are a pain to replace .

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
the quarter windows are easy to change out. I did several on '68-'69 Chargers.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
non post car 1/4 windows are easy. take out the back seat,pull the rear door panels,pull the top metal above the door panel,IIRC you may need to remove the metal behind that. There are two bolts holding the glass to the regulater.

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
Has anyone tried anything to remove scratches from their glass ? The last time someone painted this car they got a little carried away with the sander and put several curly Q sand marks in the side glass and it looks like crap . I looked at one product but I'm not sure if it works . A glass guy in town said there's nothing that can help but I don't want to believe that . Or do you just live with the scratches , not an option for me .

http://www.eastwood.com/glass-polis...ODE=GA260010&gclid=COTLnITD77oCFXHxOgod1xsAoQ

I used that exact same product you listed from Eastwood, but you need to be careful to use a kind of low speed buffer/drill like 300rpm or it will really distort the windows, but it worked surprisingly well, especially on the minor scratches & etching from weather or acid rain etc., on my last 68 RR, I will probably use it on my current 68 RR too, kind of time consuming too thou, I taped off the whole area to protect the paint too didn't know if it would hurt anything or not... My step dad said to use Crest 3D White toothpaste it supposedly works pretty well too, I haven't had the balls to attempt that one thou, he's an ol' do it yourself body guy, he comes up with some stuff that actually works sometimes thou... I may try the Crest on a spare piece of glass, see if it really works, someday...

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
defiinatly try anything on a spare

I remember him saying any type of mild tooth polish should work, he use to use Pearl Drops when I was a teen back in the 70's... ol' wives tales home remedies kind of

69383RR

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that info Budnicks . I think I'll give it a try , the eastwood stuff that is. I will be sure to post a full report on the out come for others who have bad glass . Those old timers sure had quite a few tricks up there sleeves didn't they .

Back