• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad starter?

BL1 70 roadrunner

Reaction score
I was in my garage and I tried to start my roadrunner. The car sputtered so I poured some gas down the carb tried again and it sounded like the battery was dying. I put a battery charger on it for about 8 hours at 10 amp and tried again. This time it was turning over then made a single loud click noise. I tried it again and same thing it turned over then the click noise. I'm thinking that its the starter. What do you guys think? I know I need to replace the battery but even when I tried to start it when the engine was warm it was always hard starting.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Sounds like the battery. You say you know you need one anyway... so replace it and see what happens.

BL1 70 roadrunner

Reaction score
Ya that's what I was planning on, I'm goning to swap the battery's between my charger and the roadrunner and see where it takes me

Back