• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bayer Boys

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So this afternoon I had a few minutes to kill... Headed over to Douglasville, GA and visited the Bayer Boys. You guys may have read some articles about them over the years - they're known for all of their right-hand-drive Australian MoPars...the 6 cylinder Hemi Valiant Charger and the '65 Valiant UTE have been featured in several magazines... Had a great time chatting with Brian and Kenny. Took a couple of pictures with my cell phone. Sorry if the quality is crappy...

:jester:
ACME

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
you better go back and get those a pillars out of that four door. I've had guys tell me they won't work in 2 doors. When i was gathering interior for my fire car, I found a '69 Coronet four door, looked like it was just driven in the yard. I got all the dash pads,sunvisors,kick panels,AND the a pillars. They fit like a glove in the road runner.

glhcarl

Reaction score
Why didn't you warn me, I live only 7 miles from Brian and Kenny's shop, I would have met you there or you could have stopped by for a drink?

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
glhcarl said:
Why didn't you warn me, I live only 7 miles from Brian and Kenny's shop, I would have met you there or you could have stopped by for a drink?

I had no idea you were that close by...but you can bet I'll let you know next time...

Ray

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
you better go back and get those a pillars out of that four door. I've had guys tell me they won't work in 2 doors. When i was gathering interior for my fire car, I found a '69 Coronet four door, looked like it was just driven in the yard. I got all the dash pads,sunvisors,kick panels,AND the a pillars. They fit like a glove in the road runner.

Dave - the four-doors don't have any metal trim above the tops of the doors/windows - they just use the vinyl run channel...so there's nothing to slide into the metal trim that closes out the headliner in this area on the two-doors...I looked at them very closely...

Ray

droptop

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

Dave - the four-doors don't have any metal trim above the tops of the doors/windows - they just use the vinyl run channel...so there's nothing to slide into the metal trim that closes out the headliner in this area on the two-doors...I looked at them very closely...

Ray

There are 3 a pillar trims... hardtop/post cars, 4 door sedans, and of course the convertibles have to be different.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well as far as the headliner....you've got me there. The headliner was the last piece of the interior that was missing when the fire hit. But as far as the little tab, it's usually broke off anyway, and the four door a pillar fit .might be worth a try......

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
well as far as the headliner....you've got me there. The headliner was the last piece of the interior that was missing when the fire hit. But as far as the little tab, it's usually broke off anyway, and the four door a pillar fit .might be worth a try......

Bambi's too nice and worth too much $$$ to cut corners. I'll find what I'm looking for...patience pays...just have to stay the course...

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

Bambi's too nice and worth too much $$$ to cut corners. I'll find what I'm looking for...patience pays...just have to stay the course...

can't argue with you there!

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Stuart:

Which car is that a photo of?

Ray
My 70 convertible its originally a B7 blue car with blue interior.
Then when i got it it was white on the exterior , I painted it green and put a white interior in it . I saved some of the blue stuff .

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
ACME A12 said:
Stuart:

Ray
Then when i got it it was white on the exterior , I painted it green and put a white interior in it . I saved some of the blue stuff .

Ah-ha...I thought the roof looked "funny" in that picture... Well then don't bother looking for the a-pillar trim...they won't work... Plus, I thought that you had said before that you had painted the a-pillar trim white for the Birdible...so you're not going to find them anywhere in storage anyway...

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparstuart said:
[quote="ACME A12":2j4120x8]Stuart:

Ray

Ah-ha...I thought the roof looked "funny" in that picture... Well then don't bother looking for the a-pillar trim...they won't work... Plus, I thought that you had said before that you had painted the a-pillar trim white for the Birdible...so you're not going to find them anywhere in storage anyway...

:jester:[/quote:2j4120x8]
painted them black

I should have the kick panels just cant remember how nice they are

Back