• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bench Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking for some opinions here. I can buy the seat pictured below for $175. Located about 4 hours south of me. I don't need it, but everything for these cars seems scarce when you are looking for it so I thought that I might throw it up in the rafters just in case another '69 RR ever finds its way to my doorway... Conversely I'm going through the engine build for Bambi right now and my Domestic Supervisor is on my case about $$$...

Tracks and frames are supposed to be perfect. Seat cushions & upholstery are trashed as you can see. In all honesty, they're not any worse than Bambi's were when I got her...

So, yes or no?

Thanks,
Ray

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
its amazing how much the price of junk went up....looking at that...you would think all of that seat is in bad shape.....theres got to be something better out there

6t9runner440

Reaction score
I don't think it looks all that bad...I paid 500 for a bench with no headrests....all done and in really nice shape...early 69 or 68 seat....I know tony's parts wants almost 400 for a seat that needs recovered...I think I have a cover in black for that seat...how do the frame rails that mount to the floor look??? If they are toast then I don't think it's worth it

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that wouldn't be from a moparts ad, from a '68 would it? I'm dealing with John on some stuff myself. seems good on prices. I hoped he had a good front bumper, but no dice. I've seen shreaded buckets go for $500 & up. $175 for a complete bench diesn't seem bad.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
that wouldn't be from a moparts ad, from a '68 would it? I'm dealing with John on some stuff myself. seems good on prices. I hoped he had a good front bumper, but no dice. I've seen shreaded buckets go for $500 & up. $175 for a complete bench diesn't seem bad.

Probably the same car - I don't do the moparts thing as a rule - just too much bitchin', whinin', and in-fightin' for my taste...I sometimes get lead there by a link or searching for a specific story, but that's about it. Rant over. I found it on FBBO and yes, his name is John. '68 B5 RR parts car. $175 seems reasonable to me too - but it would just be a (useless???) spare taking up space was the point of questioning what you guys thought...

Ray

Roadcuda

Reaction score
IMHO, save the money, get the 'Bu done so you can sell it, to fund the A 12 resto! And just maybe keep the peace with the Domestic Supervisor!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Geez... I threw out a better seat a couple years ago.

I may still have one up in my attic. I'll have to look.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
IMHO, save the money, get the 'Bu done so you can sell it, to fund the A 12 resto! And just maybe keep the peace with the Domestic Supervisor!

I'd call that sound advice...I think I'll pass on this one... Thanks for being the voice of reason Steve. :cheers:

:jester:
ACME

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Roadcuda said:

I'd call that sound advice...I think I'll pass on this one... Thanks for being the voice of reason Steve. :cheers:

:jester:
ACME
Anytime, Ray! :banana:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
See green and blue can get along :D But only for short periods of time :jester:

6pack2go

Reaction score
I would really like to have a bench seat to put in my car. Is this one avalible or does anyone know of one?

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
6pack2go said:
I would really like to have a bench seat to put in my car. Is this one avalible or does anyone know of one?

I'm sure that one is LONG gone...

Mac, does Rick still have that one that he was trying to unload last year???

mac

What ?
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
6pack2go said:

I'm sure that one is LONG gone...

Mac, does Rick still have that one that he was trying to unload last year???

i have to give him a call and report back. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back