• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Of The Best in Brighton, Il.

solid gold

Reaction score
I attended a Car Show in September in Arnold, Mo.and received an invitation to attend this Best of The Best car show yesterday. This was the 10th annnual (I think) This couple, secretly chooses about a dozen car shows thru-out the year and hand-picks the best from each show. I think there was about 250 cars there yesterday. You get a glass plaque with your name and the type of car you have. Solid Gold was chosen as a"Sweet Sixteen" award. That was really nice and they had a great day for it as well! Lots of modified cars in attendance. Then they chose an "Elite Eight" and then 1 "Grand Champion". They chose a 2006 Mustang (V6). It had every mod known to mankind on it. (Diamond plated) That's hard to beat! Pictures are the trophy from Saturday and plaques from Sunday!

mcmopar

Reaction score
solid gold said:
Thanks, and now I have to get my car on a post card, flyer,or something as you did! That's cool!

Just bring solid gold down to the Daytona Beach Dream Cruise sometime and you'll get a pic just like mine. Everyone who attends gets the treatment. :thumbsup:

Reaction score
I know this is an old post....

I was also invited to this best of the best car show last Sunday. Is it really worth the 10 bucks pre-reg and the hour drive up to Brighton Il.?

solid gold

Reaction score
Yes it is! Last year, 5 cars cruised up there from South County. Nice ride. Maybe you'll join us this year. At least send in the 10.00. Someone can pick up the plaque for you,if you can't attend. Nice Truck. It is an honor to be chosen. Invitation only show.

Back