• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best place to buy a lift off fiberhood?

moparholic4bbl

Reaction score
Howdy,

Been a while since I've dropped by. How the heck is everyone?

Am still seeking best options for a lift off fiberhood to switch out with my current RR hood. Going to need the brackets and pins etc.. Is it easy to find these used at swap meets or should I be going for a rebop. If so, who sells the best rebop and bracket sets. Pricing is of course a concern like anything else these daze.

Advice appreciated--Thanks

This car looks like mine except different color and I need the hood like this one. :cool:

main1descrip.png

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
moparholic4bbl said:
Howdy,

Been a while since I've dropped by. How the heck is everyone?

Am still seeking best options for a lift off fiberhood to switch out with my current RR hood. Going to need the brackets and pins etc.. Is it easy to find these used at swap meets or should I be going for a rebop. If so, who sells the best rebop and bracket sets. Pricing is of course a concern like anything else these daze.

Advice appreciated--Thanks

This car looks like mine except different color and I need the hood like this one. :cool:

main1descrip.png
welcome back.....long time since we heard from you.....the gang is fine.......
lift off hood.....
http://www.glasstek.com/

moparchris

Reaction score
Year one has a nice repop but its pricey. AAR is also a good source for a great hood, I heard they look different on the underside.

dobie

Reaction score
I have an AAR hood on mine. No issues yet. I bought my brackets and pins from Year One.

John69RR

Reaction score
Same here. AAR hood and no isues. Pins and brackets from Year One. My hood has the extra bracing so it can be used with hinges and lightweight springs.

moparholic4bbl

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the replies.

Been looking for better deals and found this on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/68-69-Road-...&ps=63&clkid=4030680315864857653#ht_500wt_967

Wonder if these hoods are any good.

Also I heard Roger Gibson pins and lanyards are the most accurate but what about brackets? Be nice if someone made a concise guide or book that laid everything out point by point for restorations. i.e. drill points etc...

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
The YO hood is an exceptional piece and I highly reccomend it. Worth the extra coin if you have it.

JJRJR

Reaction score
Hey guys, can I jump in here? I too am looking for a 69 6 Pack fiberglass lift-off hood. Glasstek has the pin-on hood for about $400. Year One has one for nearly $800. Can anyone compare the difference? My body guy said to get one with plenty of meat on the underside so it doesn't crack. Any experiences with both/either hood? I'd hate to spend the extra $400 for the Year One hood if the Glasstek one is strong.

Thanks,

John

dobie

Reaction score
No experience with the Glasstek, but some online postings haven't been all that favorable. I only paid $500$200 for my AAR btw.

JJRJR

Reaction score
Dobie, how do you like the AAR quality lift-off? My body guy says to get one closest to the original lift-off and according to AAR site, this one does it. For $500 seems like a good buy. Do you like it? Is it strong?

dobie

Reaction score
I like it, although im not necessarily a purist for restoration purposes. Fit and finish has been fine. I did make a small mistake though when I bought it. I bought the hood designed to be used with the stock brackets, so mine has the extra bracing underneath. Im using mine as a lift off though.

Anyways, im happy with it, and I would buy it again.

Back