• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best way to find Fender tag or build sheet information.

joewhite440

Reaction score
I posted on Moparts lost fender tags, watching e-bay for any chance at fender tag. I am tracking down past owners to try to talk to them. I just got the names of two Ohio owners back from the Ohio BMV today. Any other ideas on how to get the information. I would like to put my car back as original as possible. I have the right year 4-speed and a 69 Roadrunner 383 engine. Any help is greatly appreciated appreciated.
Thank you!
Joe

Roadcuda

Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
I posted on Moparts lost fender tags, watching e-bay for any chance at fender tag. I am tracking down past owners to try to talk to them. I just got the names of two Ohio owners back from the Ohio BMV today. Any other ideas on how to get the information. I would like to put my car back as original as possible. I have the right year 4-speed and a 69 Roadrunner 383 engine. Any help is greatly appreciated appreciated.
Thank you!
Joe
That may be a hard thing to do. Until the idea of having the fender tags and build sheets became important in the past few years, keeping track of those things didn't mean much to most people. And sometimes it still dosen't. So if a fender tag was taken off for some reason and not put in a safe place, it could have been lost in some way. As in the case of my car, the interior was replaced and the build sheet was never replaced in the car. And since this car was built at Lynch Road, the fender tag which is still on the car, isn't complete. One way I know that is this car has a 3 speaker dash, and the only radio that came with that was the am-8 track which is not there now, and not shown on the tag. So even if you did have the tag it may not have all the info you need. I also have info on the previous owner and tried to contact him but with no luck. I'm not saying to not try looking for what you need, you may find it, but don't be too suprised if you don't. Then you can pretty much put on the factory options that you may want. Good Luck!

Back