• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bird Out of Storage

BBillyC

Reaction score
Mrs. BBillyC and I went last night to get the RR and her Camaro out of storage last night. The weather has been great here in central Canada and I could not resist any longer. Turned the key and it roared to life, oil pressure instantly up. It was so long I almost forgot what it looked like. Now for the fun part.....new rear end, hood stripes.....and if I retire, a hemi.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I like to make fun of you guys and weather and storage but its got to be hard to put them to bed for several months at a time. Well I got that out of my system, here ya go Billy :wedgie: :lol:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I like to make fun of you guys and weather and storage but its got to be hard to put them to bed for several months at a time. Well I got that out of my system, here ya go Billy :wedgie: :lol:
BOB....JUST THINK OUR BIRDS LAST LONGER :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
BBillyC said:
Mrs. BBillyC and I went last night to get the RR and her Camaro out of storage last night. The weather has been great here in central Canada and I could not resist any longer. Turned the key and it roared to life, oil pressure instantly up. It was so long I almost forgot what it looked like. Now for the fun part.....new rear end, hood stripes.....and if I retire, a hemi.
WHATS GOING ON WITH THE REAR??DANA......and do the hemi ASAP :yesnod:

V269

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
BBillyC said:
WHATS GOING ON WITH THE REAR??DANA......and do the hemi ASAP :yesnod:

Yeh Bill. We thought the hemi was a done deal ? What happened, mommy change her mind. :lol: :lol: :lol: And after all the kudo's we gave her. :lmao:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I can keep my car out of the winter weather, and still go out to my garage to tinker with it or just take a quick look. I got my power steering pump back today, it will be back in the car by the end of the week, and the car will be on the road to the cruise-in Saturday night. After 2 days of getting from 2.5 to close to 8 inches of rain, the temps will be in the mid to upper 70s by weeks end. The first cruise of the year should be packed!

BBillyC

Reaction score
I replied to this but I guess it's lost in space. Anyway the Mrs. states that if I retire I get the hemi. She is using it as bait to get me away from work. She is a retirement officer and financial planner and she says that it is time for me to quit and begin enjoying life. It is a tough thing for me to do right now. But when I retire I get a hemi. In the meantime I'll do the stripes and the rear end, perhaps a mini-tub. No hurry as it is a sweet car and maybe when I am ready the price will come down a bit (I doubt it).

The cops here are really cracking down on all of the muscle cars. Checking for everything especially frame modifications or changes from the original car. Yet we have a huge gang, murder and weapon problem in the city and yet it still seems important to pick on the guys who love and take care of their cars while the rice-rockets are blasting all over the place and no-one is touching them, and the criminals keep doing what they do.....going after the people who work for a living. That really pisses me off :soap:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
i just read in the local paper that the cops all over the usa are cracking down on speeders....no more buffer zone....5mph to 10mph over the speed limit....forgetaboutit....you get a ticket

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
i just read in the local paper that the cops all over the usa are cracking down on speeders....no more buffer zone....5mph to 10mph over the speed limit....forgetaboutit....you get a ticket

Not down here in Flor-i-duh. If you don't run 10 over you'll get run over... :yesnod:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
BBillyC said:
The cops here are really cracking down on all of the muscle cars. Checking for everything especially frame modifications or changes from the original car. Yet we have a huge gang, murder and weapon problem in the city and yet it still seems important to pick on the guys who love and take care of their cars while the rice-rockets are blasting all over the place and no-one is touching them, and the criminals keep doing what they do.....going after the people who work for a living. That really pisses me off :soap:

I can see why that would piss you off...what a misguided issue to focus on that is...and an incredible waste of resources to boot...!!!

BBillyC

Reaction score
US no different than Canada. Here hey use photo radar, apparently to stop speeding, but they keep lowering the buffer cause they are losing money.....I thought it was to stop speeding, duhhhh. Need more money to have more cops to raise more money. Not the cops fault, most of them that I meet are very fine people, however the politicians....well they're just plain f%$#%ed up. :rimshot:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
BBillyC said:
US no different than Canada.

I don't care where you live, worrying about frame modifications to an automobile is a colossal waste of Law Enforcement resources...

BBillyC

Reaction score
Got that right George and they know it, and it's always the younger ones. Give you ticket anyway which forces you to go to court where you have no difficulty beating it, just want to waste your time and money....

Okay enough, That was a great picture of your bird George. Yours is mini-tubbed in to the frame rail. What size tire can you fit in and what backspace on the wheel is required with a stock rear end.

george68hemirr

Reaction score
BBillyC said:
Got that right George and they know it, and it's always the younger ones. Give you ticket anyway which forces you to go to court where you have no difficulty beating it, just want to waste your time and money....

Okay enough, That was a great picture of your bird George. Yours is mini-tubbed in to the frame rail. What size tire can you fit in and what backspace on the wheel is required with a stock rear end.
BBillyC said:

i did have 31-16.50-15 MICKEY THOMPSON SPORTSMANS....WITH A 12/15 WELD WHEELS WITH A 7.5 BACKSPACE....and yes mini-tubbed and springs are in line with the frame....moved in 3 inches..uncut dana rear....change to radials...mickeys flame pattern.....29-15.00/15 which works out to 30 tall

Back