• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Birds & Bee's

RonLiv

Reaction score
Milo says stay away from those Bee's, but the Bird's are OK. Who's going to Carlisle?360139883_10225648478731788_6436195865318509461_n.jpg

Jack R

Reaction score
I’m on the east coast forgot about Carlisle. I’m at Savannah airport right now going back to Phoenix. I need to pay better attention to what is going on.

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
What is the weather forecast in Penn this time of the year?
I skipped a local event last weekend due to heat.
Would have been the first time to go to one of those things in years and only going to see family and their cars there.
It's gonna hit 100 and muggy next week here.
(Dew point is at 70 this AM and the sun isn't up yet)
I've never been in the lawn chair crowd due to time restraints.
But even in retirement, summer is a lousy time for outside events for me.
Too danged hot and the bugs are too danged mean.
(Just ask Milo).

RonLiv

Reaction score
What is the weather forecast in Penn this time of the year?
I skipped a local event last weekend due to heat.
Would have been the first time to go to one of those things in years and only going to see family and their cars there.
It's gonna hit 100 and muggy next week here.
(Dew point is at 70 this AM and the sun isn't up yet)
I've never been in the lawn chair crowd due to time restraints.
But even in retirement, summer is a lousy time for outside events for me.
Too danged hot and the bugs are too danged mean.
(Just ask Milo).

I hear you on that one. It will be in the 90's and humid. I think there is 1-tree in the whole place, no shade anywhere unless you can go sit in the grandstands. Last time I went I felt like a bug under a magnifier glass.

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
Exactly
Heat islands.
In the whole discussion that never seems to be mentioned. It's always about out tail pipes et al.
Working swing shift at the airport I could tell the temperature drop as soon as I hit green space at night.(No AC in my A body driver)
I also noticed something in our local 2009 flood 100 year event here . Water coming down stream actually shut down an interstate. Creek out of it's banks.
No one ever mentioned development creating impermeable surfaces.
Hum. Seems like somewhere in New England is having a little 100 year event trouble at the moment.

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
I’m on the east coast forgot about Carlisle. I’m at Savannah airport right now going back to Phoenix. I need to pay better attention to what is going on.
Did you have any trouble with noseeums?
Sand gnats.
I've had sod come from south GA and the things were in the sod.
I just stopped at Lowes for some weed killer and remembered I got hit by a wasp last week.
First time I've gotten stung in 30 years.
Little bastard was building a nest over me.
I was focused on putting news bumpers on.
I've been keeping DMT in business with RR rubber.
So ordered new ones for here.Screenshot_20230714_071317.jpgScreenshot_20230714_071258.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Here in Fl. we make the car show's latter in the year. Just too darn hot in mid-summer. It dose cool off some in the fall. If we ever really have one. LOL October is cooler sometimes. It is either hot or wet or cool. Depending on the year. Hope all that make the show has a good time.

Back