• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bleeding Brakes

Ranger

Reaction score
I did bench bleed the replacement. Now waiting for my daughter to get home to help pump the brake to be sure there is no air left in the lines off the MC. If that doesn't work, not sure what is next. I bled the hell out of all 4 wheels at least 3, maybe 4 times, I've lost track.

Ranger

Reaction score
New MC installed and all 4 wheels bled again. No air came out and the pedal is firm...............but low. :brickwall: It almost seems as thought there is a gap between the brake pedal push rod and the MC piston. As much as I hate to do it, I think I'm gonna have to pull the MC again. :upset:

mahoney0_00_3

Reaction score
johns right,I had the same song and dance buy a rebuilt kit hone it out and rebuilt it and bench bleed the m/c 1st and start again-sept 13 2013 016.jpgthat's my son and that's my car f8 tan gut in Flemington NJ

sept 13 2013 016.jpg

Ranger

Reaction score
Ohh how I did not want to hear that. Gonna warm up this weekend so I may fool with it some more. It's really starting to piss me off though. This is no way to start a new relationship.

Ranger

Reaction score
CORRECTION:

Well dammit, upon further inspection it DOES still have some air in it. I must have pumped a qt of brake fluid through the lines already. I can't figure out where this air can be hiding. This thing is gonna drive me to drink.........................and I think I'll start now. :very_drunk:

Ranger

Reaction score
I think I have finally got it. I pulled the brake pipes off the MC one at a time. Held a plastic bag over it and had my wife step on the brake. Got a small squirt out of the front one, but when did the same to the rear one, it seemed to squirt some air, but she said she pressed really hard this time. Bottom line is the pedal is hard , not spongy and cannot be pumped up. It goes a little farther than I am used to, but then I and not used to manual drum brakes. Considering the piston travel at each cylinder to push the brake shoes out (they are adjusted) it think it is normal. I'm so relieved. Now it's time to move on to a few other things to get it ready for spring.

TOMRR

Reaction score
I had to pull the lines at the wheel cylinder to get all the air out!!!!

Back