BRAKE BOLTS

andy69

Reaction score
Just finishing front end overhaul,just putting the brakes back on the 4 bolts that hold the backing plate on,now nuts facing inwards or out? i usually remember or write things down but not this one...cheers

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
THANK GOD FOR BOBBY.....I WAS THINKING ALSO THE NUTS WENT IN BUT ITS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I SWAPPED OUT THE DRUMS FOR DISC"S......YOUR STILL RUNNING DRUMS ON FRONT???....I DID THE CONVERSION AND THE WIFE ASKED WHY I NEED DISC BRAKES,,,,I SAID TO STOP :D

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
THANK GOD FOR BOBBY.....I WAS THINKING ALSO THE NUTS WENT IN BUT ITS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I SWAPPED OUT THE DRUMS FOR DISC"S......YOUR STILL RUNNING DRUMS ON FRONT???....I DID THE CONVERSION AND THE WIFE ASKED WHY I NEED DISC BRAKES,,,,I SAID TO STOP :D
I drive it with that in mind and leave plenty of room. It does stop pretty good with 11X3 shoes up front

george68hemirr

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
george68hemirr said:
I drive it with that in mind and leave plenty of room. It does stop pretty good with 11X3 shoes up front
i had a couple of close calls so that made up my mind.....no power brake either :eek:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
69hemibeep said:
george68hemirr said:
i had a couple of close calls so that made up my mind.....no power brake either :eek:
Now you crossed the girlie line again, I prefer the feel of manual disc and the early mopars were way over powered :gay: :acme: :jester: "MAN"ual all the way just like my transmission and steering :yesnod:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
I drive it with that in mind and leave plenty of room. It does stop pretty good with 11X3 shoes up front[/quote]
i had a couple of close calls so that made up my mind.....no power brake either :eek:[/quote]
Now you crossed the girlie line again, I prefer the feel of manual disc and the early mopars were way over powered :gay: :acme: :jester: "MAN"ual all the way just like my transmission and steering :yesnod:[/quote]
oh boy here we go again :acme:
we were talking about nuts and now this :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

andy69

Reaction score
Thanks for all your info, and BOB thats a nice looking front hub,too good too use. and yes im staying with drums,i like a challenge.......shit

george68hemirr

Reaction score
BBillyC said:
George, did you do the discs up front yourself. If so what did you use?
SSBC but if i was to do it again it would be wildwood......she stops better then drum :D

Back