• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake conversion A-body

moparchris

Reaction score
I see your logic. I guess the rain is going to save you some grief. :lol: On a similar note, what is your intended usage for your Valiant? Street only cruiser or drag car? Just curious.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
I see your logic. I guess the rain is going to save you some grief. :lol: On a similar note, what is your intended usage for your Valiant? Street only cruiser or drag car? Just curious.
Yes :lol:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if it matters to you or not, Bob, but I'm pretty sure that this conversion kit uses the GM calipers; most of the more "economically" priced ones do...

Can you get a set of the '73-later UCAs there locally? The price on the UCA kit seems a little steep considering that Ma MoPar made about a gazillion A-Bodies from '73 - '76...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
I don't know if it matters to you or not, Bob, but I'm pretty sure that this conversion kit uses the GM calipers; most of the more "economically" priced ones do...

Can you get a set of the '73-later UCAs there locally? The price on the UCA kit seems a little steep considering that Ma MoPar made about a gazillion A-Bodies from '73 - '76...
Not really when you consider bushings upper and lower ball joints come to $255 alone.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
$290 for everything listed below form Performance Suspension Components...and they're in Phoenix...

•Upper Ball Joints
•Lower Ball Joints
•Inner Tie Rod Ends
•Outer Tie Rod Ends
•Idler Arm
Graphite Impregnated Polyurethane Bushings*

•Upper Control Arm Bushings
•Lower Control Arm Bushings
•Sway Bar Bushing Kit with Brackets
•End Link Kit Inc. Bushings and Hardware
•Polyurethane Tie Rod Boots
•Polyurethane Ball Joint Boots
•Upper Control Arm Bumpers
•Lower Control Arm Bumpers
•Strut Rod Bushings
*All Polyurethane Bushings Are Black Graphite Impregnated Polyurethane

I've bought several kits from them...no problems... :cents:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Yup - I got my kit from them for the RR mainly because it included the idler arm and none of the other comparable kits did.

Back