• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bucket seat back repair

6R9Runner

Reaction score
My car has bucket seats with headrests and the vinyl on one seat is torn up. What's the best way to replace the vinyl backing? The original is stapled to the fiberboard. Can I just glue the replacement on after removing the old vinyl?

6R9Runner

Reaction score
It worked, using 3M spray-on glue for vinyl. You have to spray both surfaces, then let the glue dry before pressing the vinyl to the backboard. Otherwise the vinyl wants to pull away.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
6R9Runner said:
It worked, using 3M spray-on glue for vinyl. You have to spray both surfaces, then let the glue dry before pressing the vinyl to the backboard. Otherwise the vinyl wants to pull away.
I used quite a bit of that stuff when I restored my car but I had two cans malfunction and it wasn't in the nozzle never did figure it out just returned them, but its great stuff used it on the headliner also.

6R9Runner

Reaction score
Funny, the EXACT same thing happened to me with a brand new can, I soaked the nozzle in acetone etc. but nothing. Didn't feel like mailing it back to McMaster Carr so i tried holding the nozzle down for a minute or so, shaking the can and it started spraying. Dumb luck. It goes on so thick you could use a paint brush.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
remember that stuff is highly flammable....i was spraying that when i was piecing in my carpet and had a halogen lite[when you get old you need plenty of light].....and whoosh....i had flames up to my head liner :eek: :eek: :eek:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
george68hemirr said:
remember that stuff is highly flammable....i was spraying that when i was piecing in my carpet and had a halogen lite[when you get old you need plenty of light].....and whoosh....i had flames up to my head liner :eek: :eek: :eek:

And then you changed your pants, right? :lmao:
i was so pissed :eek:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
i was so pissed :eek:[/quote]
You know our friends across the pond are going to think you were drunk :cheers:

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
sixgunrunner68 said:
george68hemirr said:

And then you changed your pants, right? :lmao:

I'll bet! I probably would've blown a gasket myself.

george68hemirr

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
You know our friends across the pond are going to think you were drunk :cheers:[/quote]
and now your going to tell me who are the people across the pond :cheers:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
69hemibeep said:
and now your going to tell me who are the people across the pond :cheers:[/quote]
George, this reminds me of a night at a car show a few weeks ago. This guy, a Mopar fan from down under comes around and hes telling a story, now this guy should be a stand up comedian. He gets to a part where he says we were all so pissed, then he looks at me and says, that means drunk, I responded saying I know, I speak Australian. He comes back and says, great now we have a f@cking interpreter. Probably not as funny in print had to be there :lol:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
george68hemirr said:
69hemibeep said:
and now your going to tell me who are the people across the pond :cheers:
George, this reminds me of a night at a car show a few weeks ago. This guy, a Mopar fan from down under comes around and hes telling a story, now this guy should be a stand up comedian. He gets to a part where he says we were all so pissed, then he looks at me and says, that means drunk, I responded saying I know, I speak Australian. He comes back and says, great now we have a f@cking interpreter. Probably not as funny in print had to be there :lol:[/quote]
wow....sounds like he needed to be bitched slapped....the down under mother :eek:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
You know our friends across the pond are going to think you were drunk :cheers:[/quote]
and now your going to tell me who are the people across the pond :cheers:[/quote]
George, this reminds me of a night at a car show a few weeks ago. This guy, a Mopar fan from down under comes around and hes telling a story, now this guy should be a stand up comedian. He gets to a part where he says we were all so pissed, then he looks at me and says, that means drunk, I responded saying I know, I speak Australian. He comes back and says, great now we have a f@cking interpreter. Probably not as funny in print had to be there :lol:[/quote]
wow....sounds like he needed to be bitched slapped....the down under mother :eek:[/quote]

Well, at least he didn't say he was smoking a fag! :lmao: :lmao:

6R9Runner

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
wow....sounds like he needed to be bitched slapped....the down under mother :eek:[/quote]

Well, at least he didn't say he was smoking a fag! :lmao: :lmao:[/quote]

Crikey Mate! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
the Mrs and I saw a comedian from England in Pittsburgh a few years ago. he did this bit about walking into a bar in Alabama and asking where all the fags where, and making motions like he was using a cigarette machine. had everyone in tears.

Back