• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

calicokid Intro

calicokid

Reaction score
Hi my name is Jeff

I have a low millage original 69 sat modtop only changes are tires and battery
I bought this car to make a roadrunner clone of the roadrunner I had in high school in 1972
Because of everyone who see's the car tells me not to destroy the history of this car because of limited numbers made and few that remain
I am looking for any info and opinions (good or bad) as to if I should keep this modtop as is or make it into a copy of what I had in the past
I have been unable to find any real info as to value or details on these modtop cars other than they were aimed at attracting women buyers to the plymouth b body line
thank you for any and all replies

Don99Pablo

Reaction score
Welcome! Let's see some pics! I remember the Mod Tops from going to car shows when I was younger and always thought they were cool. My uncle had a green Dart Mod Top and a yellow Satellite Mod Top, but sold them about 20 years ago. I do know they are rare. What the build numbers are, I don't know. I am sure someone on here can steer you in the right direction. My vote is to keep it original. I am pretty sure it will be worth more as an original Mod Top than a clone Road Runner.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Welcome. Personally if I had a mod top I would leave it alone or restore it as original but what kind of condition is it in? And in the end it is your car

Back