• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone identify the window channel

ArmyInspector

Reaction score
I have a 69 RR Coupe that had the wrong door glass, LH, when I put the new glass in it would not go up and down, eventually found I had the wrong glass channel in my door. So I attached a picture of the channel that did not work, can someone tell me if its out of a HT or a convertible. Like to know so I can sell the old door glass that I took out, thanks.

channel.jpg

ArmyInspector

Reaction score
since I do not have the original door, it was replaced, what years doors were the same? Could this of come off a 68 or 70? anyone have any ideas

hotcob

Reaction score
It appears identical to mine which is from a 69 roadrunner post car

RR Window channel 1.jpg

RR Window channel 2.jpg

mac

What ?
Reaction score
from the pics, it looks to be from a hard top. those will have a wider channel to accept the trim that attaches to the rear of the glass. i am not sure but i also think the glass will have a different shape at the rear corner for more support without the post.

ArmyInspector

Reaction score
hotcob, its definitely not a post car, mine is a post car and I have the skinny channel like your photos, the one I posted is alot thicker. Mac I thought it was from a hard top, the glasss that was originally in the door has a different shape, slanted back. Thanks for your help, now I need to see if anyone needs drivers glass for HT.

Back