• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car Cover

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
California Car Cover Company. I have Dustops for a couple of the cars with better paint jobs. One word: NICE. They will embroider them for a small fee too. The one on the Swinger reads "Tam's Swinger" across the nose of the hood in green to match the car. They have different materials for different storage conditions; check them out:

http://www.calcarcover.com/

:jester:
ACME

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Another vote for California Covers. The best hands down. My ummm... Bricklen has one lined with flannel that's really nice. I also have my Roadrunner cover that came from California Covers back when they were Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories and its over 20 years old and it still looks nice.

moparstuart

Reaction score
Big John said:
Another vote for California Covers. The best hands down. My ummm... Bricklen has one lined with flannel that's really nice. I also have my Roadrunner cover that came from California Covers back when they were Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories and its over 20 years old and it still looks nice.
both of mine are flannel lines also , very nice

Big John

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I didn't notice one the site are they washable?

Yep! Gotta have a decent size washing machine or head down to the laundromat and you use simple green instead of detergent.

A12

Reaction score
Big John said:

Another vote for Ca Covers :thumbsup: :thumbsup: John, I got all bummed out when BHMA stopped selling the covers as I had them back when they first started selling them (I almost think it was back in the '80's but for sure the '90's) and when they first came out with the Evolution III and Weatherguard covers that was a high point in cover tech back then. Then I found out they were actually California Car Cover :banana: :banana: :banana: :D They have custom fit covers for the '68/'69 road runners (and others too as you can see with the wing car) and they are MOPAR people too and have a few really nice MOPARS :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:. Best cover out there :thumbsup:

Big John

Reaction score
Winning is a Family Tradition
Racing Brings Relief From the Weekday Stress
By Randy Fish
The old saying, "like father, like son" proves itself to be true more often than not. In this example, the father is Jim DeFrank, whose hobby finds him building street rods and campaigning a few of the most successful NHRA Super Stockers in the country. However, his passion for cool cars goes way back to the '50s, as he was growing up in Pennsylvania.

While doing some research, we found a 1964 issue of Popular Hot Rodding featuring a car show from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, entitled "Stars of the East," which included a photo of Jim DeFrank's Corvette-powered, full-fendered, '29 Model A roadster. Several years after moving to California with his wife Loraine, Jim co-owned Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories, as well as the famous DeFrank & Cohen SS/AA Hemi Cuda. It wasn't uncommon for that car to bomb the NHRA National Record on any given Sunday. Now, as a sole proprietor, his race cars are lettered, Jim DeFrank & Sons, and carry the colors of his California Car Cover Company. Jimmy and Tony DeFrank are living proof of that old saying, "like father, like son."

Though Jimmy is only 25 years old, he's already claimed two NHRA Super Stock World Championships (1997 and 1999), and six consecutive NHRA Division-7 Championships (from 1996 to 2001). He began racing in 1995, and claimed an admirable 10th place finish in the National points standings (after winning the season-ending World Finals) in just his first season of competition. However, Jimmy knew he'd be sitting in the grandstands if he couldn't maintain mom and dad's prescribed goals for keeping up his grades in college. Please don't get the wrong impression. Jimmy's dad is by no means a tyrant. Quite the contrary, Jim and Loraine have both worked very hard to instill all the proper values in their sons. Over in the DeFrank family, racing is seen as a "perk" that must be earned (and respected).

For many years now, Jimmy has helped with his dad's traveling version of California Car Cover Company, attending events with the National Street Rod Association, Goodguys, and local swap meets. Having graduated from California Lutheran University in 2000, Jimmy works full time at CCCC, specializing in business development, inventory management, and overseeing just about every function of the business. As far as his racing endeavors go, inside the car Jimmy's one cool cat. His race-day routine is one that's focused, yet calm. One of the most interesting aspects of his race track habits is seeing him brainstorm with his dad, the master strategist, whose calculated observations, advice, and guidance could surely make a champion out of a novice. However, Team DeFrank has no novices.

Father and sons constantly study their competition to develop a game plan for each respective event, knowing full well that no round of competition is an easy one. During Eliminations, it takes seven straight win lights to capture an event crown --not exactly what you'd call a cake walk. More often than not, NHRA runs Super Stock at an ungodly hour of the day--sometimes before 8 a.m., and well after 8 p.m. Regardless, the DeFrank's aren't fazed, and always go to the starting line with a winning attitude.

In just 9 years of racing, Jimmy has finished in the Top 10 (nationally) on eight different occasions, having only missed by four points in 2002 to younger brother, Tony, who battled to the number 10 spot. Truth be known, a Top-10 finish in Super Stock Eliminator is a distinct honor, and quite an achievement. By the way, Tony drives a Pontiac Grand Am, so that's why he's being mentioned more casually in this story. However, his talents are not to be slighted, as he's an integral part of the team, as well as a key element in the future of CCCC.

In 2003, Jimmy finished second in the Division-7 standings, and 6th in the NHRA National picture, while brother Tony logged a 3rd (in Division) and 5th (on the National scene), respectively. It's obvious these young guns are here to stay. In a relatively short period of time, they've both gained a great deal of experience in a very difficult sport. But, whether they're at the helm of California Car Cover Company, or in the driver's seat of their Super Stock cars, we'd say their future looks bright.

Back