• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

car leaning on the right side

dmartin

Reaction score
when my car is on a lift it appears to be leaning to the right side, when on the ground it is one inch lower on right side than left, using tape measure from concrete to top of fender well, also I did not change anything but the bushings for leaf spring brackets and put them back on correctly

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Sounds like its a Republican LOL. Couple of things, is it mostly in the front? Did you tighten the lower control arm nuts before the car was fully loaded and on the ground? Check and see if the adjusting bolt to the torsion bar is in its socket. If all that was done properly turn the torsion bar adjustment up until level. If the lower control arm nuts were tightened before the car was set at proper ride height your bushing are most likely tearing and will continue to do so until they are ruined.

dmartin

Reaction score
but when car is off the ground if you look at the pumkin you can see that the rear of car is crooked or appears twisted

dmartin

Reaction score
I had both rear quarters and both doors are new from AMD all of front fenders are stock

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Take it to a good body shop where they can hang gauges on the car and see if its bent.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Since you changed the leaf spring bushings any chance that one of the front spring mount brackets is upside down?

Back