• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

carpet in my roadrunner

dmartin

Reaction score
does anyone have any pics of the carpet installed in the car before the seats are installed, and do you glue the carpet down to the floor? Thanks in advance!

TOMRR

Reaction score
I thing it just lays there I put mind in and never used any glue

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I glued mine in places that didn't lay quite right

roadrunner restoration 913.jpg

Last edited:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Here are the fire wall pics you wanted.On the passenger side it just goes up behind the heater box just a little bit

DSCN6014.jpg

DSCN6015.jpg

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
This has some good tips for a carpet install. They use windshield ribbon seal, but I had some butyl seal tape I bought at Camping World that I used for my 300. You have to ignore the first couple minutes of "comedy".

I don't ever glue carpet down, If the inside gets wet or you need to pull the carpet up for any other reason, you'll be glad you didn't glue it. I've ruined glued in carpet trying to pull it up.

Using a soldering iron for the seat belt holes works great!

[video=youtube;eHc5DaLD0Nk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHc5DaLD0Nk[/video]

BTW, there's a number of very good videos these guys have put out. It's all Mustang related, but the tech stuff applies to anything.

Last edited:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
BTW, the last carpet set I bought was from these guys. http://www.trimparts.com/main/

I used to use the ACC carpet and was never really happy with it. My biggest problem was they were a little skimpy with extra material and it faded over a few years. In my convertible, the ACC carpet installed by a previous owner (I have the receipt) was faded really bad. After checking with some other people, they told me ACC had gone down in quality since the owners had died in a plane crash. I got some recommendations for Trim Parts and I've been very happy with the carpet I bought. There was lots of extra material around the edge and the quality is really nice. Check back with me in a couple years and we'll talk about fading, but one season (this is a 'vert) hasn't hurt it.

They have some really nice floor mats made of the same material too. I bought front mats and wow... Really nice, perfect fit and priced well.

Back