• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carter AVS

Collin

Reaction score
took apart my "new" carb last night. Cartever AVS H8 4615S, filthy dirty and overspray all over it. Worked about 6 hours with a gallon of NAPA carb cleaner and atoothbrush and the thing looks great. They are hearty carbs. Also found this tech article....

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/howt ... index.html

yes i will post pictures at work tommorrow :groucho:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That cleaned up nice there Collin! You're going to rebuild it yourself? There is a guy in Thomaston that rebuilds these carbs and I think is very reasonable. He rebuilt the carb for my '65. It looked like yours when I gave it to him and came out looking like almost new. If you want more info send me a pm.

Collin

Reaction score
just rebuilt it tonight, pretty easy...my father has been battling with his quadrajet so this was simple compared to that. the carb is together, but thats it....no tuning and no change in jet sizes etc. Currently jets are marked 120 392 and 489 489

Back