• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Casting # and Block stamp

BahamaBecomb

Reaction score
Trying to identify what year or even era this HEMI block is from. Rebuild/Install was done in 2012 but no of the paperwork followed the car. Casting # on the passenger side has 2468330-M but I I can't find a date code. Picture below shows the #'s on the top engine pad. Anybody have any information or can point me in a good direction? I haven't been ale to find a good breakdown online. Thanks

PXL_20220111_022713933.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The stamping is most likely build code from a machine shop that put the motor together. the 2468330-M was a Mopar performance block produced in later years with wedge motor mounts and head bolt drilling and also 4 bolt mains. It also had castings that could be drilled for hemi heads

BahamaBecomb

Reaction score
Thanks that makes sense why I couldn't find any breakdown for the pad #'s online, there is a sheet that came with the car from Muscle Motors in Lansing Michigan, lists heads , intake, compression ratio, and carburetor but no info on cam or bore size. Tried to contact them but my emails bounce back and no return on phone calls. Runs great on the correct fuel, so I will live with the unknown for now.

Back