• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

changes for next season

mac

What ?
Reaction score
well as the temp drops and the amount of sunlight gets shorter, i start to think of changes to make for next season. two items i am looking into are a clutch fan to replace the solid fan i have and trying a pertronix ignitor II ignition. the original fan always kinda scares me when i get the rpms up :drive: and i don't need to fix the hood anytime soon. was looking into the clutch fan kit that summit offers. anyone have any experiences with that? also, anyone on the forum using a pertronix system let me know what your opinion is on that. :cheers:

glhcarl

Reaction score
I installed a Pertonix system about three years ago. No problems and it is simple to install.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I just put in a Pertronix Ignitor point replacement kit. Since I just found a working vacuum advance I installed that today and got it timed to 36 deg. The car is running even better then before so it's working good for me. And it looks like Year One is continuing it's seeming endless sale of this year! Might be a place to look!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
mine has a plastic flex fan. I was thinking of cleaning up a stock fan I have laying around. Would a factory clutch fan, say like the one on my '87 PU work OK? Plenty of them in the yards.

Back