• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clutch adjusting rod length instead of a worn clutch

Reaction score
Thought my clutch was worn out as the pedal height was right to the floor. But it didn't slip so I brought it to another buddy for a second opinion. Once we raised it up one could see the adjusting rod was too short. With nothing handy we fabricated a longer rod.

But after looking for for longer rods most suppliers only sell the 5" rod for my '69 Runner. Would the 7" rod solve the problem or is something else corrupt.

Also after adding to the rod it raised the clutch peddle to normal height but it sticks and gets stuck halfway up from the floor.

Thanks!!!!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
when i got my car, it had a not very well done home made adjusting rod. I bought a kiy from Passion and it had the short rod. the clutch felttotally different, and the pedal was lower too. i swapped out the rod form a Dodge truck and it put things back to where they were with the home made rod.

Back