• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coming together!!!

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Got the new TOB installed, so far so good.

Looked under the dash and found the FM convertor power wire was unhooked. That got the radio playing again.

Found a blown fuse that was keeping the interior lights off. I had to bypass the dash dimmer swithc and must have blown the fuse then. I thought that I had bypassed the circuit when I jumped the switch.

Now I get back all of my A01 light group stuff!

Tomorrow I will get the new oil pump installed and do away with the leaky one on there now.

If I get a better carb, car will be about as good as it gets, minus show paint. :beep:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I got the new oil pump on, also blacked out the area behind the grill. Had been meaning to do that for years. Wow, what a difference that made.

Tomorrow I will work on fixing the fuel line. There are two places of rubber patches that need to go. It was a decent solution 20 years ago, but I have hated them for the 7 I have owned the car. They will be a memory this time tomorrow.

Was pretty surreal driving with the radio on. It has been years since I got to do that. :cheers:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Got the fuel line done. Have funny story to post later about that deal.

Took car to my second car show ever, got my 2nd Top 25 plaque. Car is two for two. Was told I almost got Best Mopar. Other car was MUCH better I thought, a very nice General Lee.

Was raining, wiper motor has died I think. I jumped it at the motor and it just barely will turn now. If you move the arms, it will turn just a bit and that is it.
:soap:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
sounds like that wiper motor is BANGED OUT......maybe check the connections and clean it up......is it a 2 speed or 3 speed......i have a 2 speed if you need one.....free for you

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
WOW!

I think I will have to take you up on that.

I will take one more look see before I ask you to go to any trouble. I need a 2 speed.

Wonder what shipping would cost? I bet that thing is pretty heavy.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I tested it again to make sure that I had a good ground for the test and it wasn't some fluke. It is DOA.

I will send you a PM.

Thanks!

Back