• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Convertible top frame

Jack R

Reaction score
Tomorrow I’m going to clean up the convertible top frame. What gloss level paint should that be? Mine is pretty faded from all the years in the sun its all now some kind of flat black, couldn’t find anywhere that didn’t look weathered out.

And the materials that are supposed to be in the U channels are only 1/2 there. Are there reproductions for that or do the upholstery/top people install what they have? Any inputs are appreciated.

droptop

Reaction score
Semi gloss black. SEM brand is what I prefer. The upholstery shop should have everything necessary to install new top.

Jack R

Reaction score
Thank you droptop. The frame is cleaning up pretty good. I’m about 1/3 done. The good is no rust damage either. I can head off to get that paint. Probably a next weekend project that will be.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Always a good day when you don't have any rust. Sound's like your trying to keep it up and inspect problem area's. Other guy's did not do that so hence forth you end up with damage. Hey keep that runner up their not making any more.

Back