• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Could use a little help on some details

meepbeep69

Reaction score
I was cleaning up the seats and noticed I do not have the spring for the latch that lets the seat flop forward. Passenger side if that matters. Is anyone repopping them? Or needle in haystack? Or anyone know of anyone who has them used?

Anyone have any pictures of the rear glass interior trim and how that installs? I have checked the website for help and the others but none found.

Part of the drivers floorpan was rotted out and replaced. The speedo cable attaches to a clip that probably was once there. Is this the one? http://www.megapartsusa.com/proddetail. ... %2DSCC100S I have found some pictures and see a connecting point but nothing detailing what that area looks like.

Anyone have a picture of the speedo coming into the under dash area. It is tight and it seems a straight shot but just want to check.

Engine going in next week.

Thanks for your help.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
i am sure bob will chim in.....he has all the pictures and answers when he restored his bird

"Bob's Resto Service" - could be "BRS" to GG's "GTS". Bob, you need to publish a price list for your services, and make sure that you answer all e-mails within five years... :lmao:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
I was cleaning up the seats and noticed I do not have the spring for the latch that lets the seat flop forward. Passenger side if that matters. Is anyone repopping them? Or needle in haystack? Or anyone know of anyone who has them used?

Anyone have any pictures of the rear glass interior trim and how that installs? I have checked the website for help and the others but none found.

Part of the drivers floorpan was rotted out and replaced. The speedo cable attaches to a clip that probably was once there. Is this the one? http://www.megapartsusa.com/proddetail. ... %2DSCC100S I have found some pictures and see a connecting point but nothing detailing what that area looks like.

Anyone have a picture of the speedo coming into the under dash area. It is tight and it seems a straight shot but just want to check.

Engine going in next week.

Thanks for your help.
That clip holds it to the frame rail just below the firewall what your missing is a bendable tab that is welded to the floor behind the gas pedal. I don't have a close up but here is the location.

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Bob,

You did not have to go out and flip your car on it's side. :worship:

Thanks for the picture. Is that the clip that is available from megaparts that goes down there?

I can make it work. I still have to drill the holes for the gas pedal too. I had to replace the floor there so no clip on the bottom.

It might not need it but if I don't the cable will probably fall on the exhaust and melt. If I spot weld a metal piece and put the clip on it I am sure it will not hit. Looks like I should keep it tight < 3/8 " to the floor and a little bit of an angle to keep with the swoop of the cable .

Anyone have any ideas on that spring for the seat back latch?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
Bob,

You did not have to go out and flip your car on it's side. :worship:

Thanks for the picture. Is that the clip that is available from megaparts that goes down there?

I can make it work. I still have to drill the holes for the gas pedal too. I had to replace the floor there so no clip on the bottom.

It might not need it but if I don't the cable will probably fall on the exhaust and melt. If I spot weld a metal piece and put the clip on it I am sure it will not hit. Looks like I should keep it tight < 3/8 " to the floor and a little bit of an angle to keep with the swoop of the cable .

Anyone have any ideas on that spring for the seat back latch?
No problem it rolls over on command The weld in tab by the gas pedal is just like the ones in your trunk on the left side floor that holds the wire harness. Tell me you have those :toetap: :lol: Its something you can snip out of sheet metal. As far as the clip and rear window let me look again.

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Actually I do! I cut a template from the ones on the firewall, tool handle dipped them, missed the slot though, welded them in, painted them and will cover them nicely with a mat.

But I know they look good under there!

I might add that was a beautiful run on sentence.

That darn spring anyone? That and the back interior plastic around the window. The kit says staple. That sounds like convertible talk around the well. ( That's the next project!)

I will post some pictures soon of it coming along. It looks like a green painted horse right now.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
My black interior absorbs all the flash my camera puts out, I can't get a rear widow trim pic in the garage :toetap:

Back