• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash Removal question

SgtLee511

Reaction score
As soon as this 106 degree weather clears here, falls into mid 80's i need to remove my dash in my 69. The question I have is, are there dash screws running below the glass? which are hard to get to without Glass removal? Where are the bolts located and about how many. Any suggestions to make the job easier?

quikbird

Reaction score
5 3/8" bolts at base of windshield. Windshield must be removed to access them. Sorry. Two bigger bolts on sides. Plus all connections to dash gauges etc. steering column needs to drop also. This is a big job, assuming you don't crack the glass removing it.

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Thats helpful, there were five in my duster, kinda info i was looking for, front glass is already cracked so its going to be ugly coming out. So heater box and column out first. then glass then dash.... My cowl is full of leaves etc, and Im going to replace entire floor in the fall.

quikbird

Reaction score
Heater box can come out after dash. Disgusting part is gooey bedding compound left behind after pull windshield and gasket. If changing floor pans pull steering column otherwise just undo bolts on firewall and let it sag.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry about being a smart-A$$

Sounds like he took it the way you intended - humorously. If you're concerned about being misread - throw in a few smilies. Takes all of the guesswork out as to your intent.

It's a lot more fun on here when everybody throws in a good-natured jab once in a while. JMHO.

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and that's how the core group here is, we can be smart assed, and we know each other well enough to jab back.
and do yourself a major favor while you have your dash out, change the master cylinder. so much easier to do it that way, not contorted up on the floor.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Hot Beer...now that woud be worse than the Limey's warm beer

Back