• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dealership Closings

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This subject has been touched on briefly in other threads, but it merits having its own thread. For the uninformed, all but one of the Chrysler Dealerships targeted for closure had contributed money to support conservative candidates. As many of the targeted dealerships were quite profitable, the only logical conclusion that can be drawn is that they were the recipients of political payback... Much information is now surfacing about how "the deal went down"... Do some snooping of your own... Here's an interesting yet brief read on the subject from Investor's Business Daily:

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticle ... 4440867891

Ray

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Interesting, and possible. But most of the dealers were probably republican to start with. Now a percentage breakdown of Democrats to Republicans would make this even more interesting. I think we need our crack investigative team of Acme, Acme and Acme to find out :thumbsup:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Interesting, and possible. But most of the dealers were probably republican to start with. Now a percentage breakdown of Democrats to Republicans would make this even more interesting. I think we need our crack investigative team of Acme, Acme and Acme to find out :thumbsup:

you have my vote for Acme,Acme and Acme to get to the bottom of this :acme: :acme: :acme:

mcmopar

Reaction score
The part that irks me is about the 8 Louisiana dealerships closed around the one dealership that was owned by a partnership that was a big Obama supporter and contributor. Sounds just like rotten politics to me. Just the kind of crap that the Illinois Democratic political machine would do. And since Mr. O is from that system it doesn't surprise me one bit.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:

Acme, Acme, and Acme sound more like the investigative team on crack... :lmao:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
This would appear to be a MAJOR scandal.

I can't put my finger on exactly why this hasn't been more out in the open. Maybe the Repubs are waiting until the elections next year to go big with it.

Maybe there are Repub scams that will be released if they push it? :leave:

Our media sucks but I still think there would be substantial coverage if there wasn't some unkown thing that "we the people" aren't privilaged to right now.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
according to the story in the nw MCG, out of the 789 Chrysler dealerships that closed,788 had given money to the Republicans.

Back