• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deck Lid

MoparDan

Reaction score
Well since I left my Argon tank on and it all escaped overnight, I decided to work on my Deck Lid. 3 top coats, 2 primer and a lot of filler. 52 years can take a toll on anything. There was lots of small dents (maybe hail) the metal is crushed down around the supports (someone sitting on it?) dent in the back that was pulled out the old fashion way. And rust holes. I thought that I would just replace it but when I found a couple on ebay, they are in worse shape than mine and want between $750.00 and $900.00 for them. Well no one is reproducing them. So I'll have to fix it. Lid002.jpgLid005.jpgLid007.jpgLid008.jpgLid013.jpg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Given the demand it is surprising that AMD doesn't offer these for the '68 - 70" models...maybe they are in the works...or were before COVID...?

MoparDan

Reaction score
Given the demand it is surprising that AMD doesn't offer these for the '68 - 70" models...maybe they are in the works...or were before COVID...?
That was my thoughts exactly. But then I don't know if they are a one year only. I know the front fenders are. I intend to take a hard look at the Roadrunners while I'm in Carlisle.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Given that you are already repairing yours this probably will not be of any interest to you, but there is a clean one for sale over on FBBO. Very PRICEY though... Link below.

70 Deck Lid

V.R.D

Reaction score
there is one for sale on Orlando craigs list

MoparDan

Reaction score
Given that you are already repairing yours this probably will not be of any interest to you, but there is a clean one for sale over on FBBO. Very PRICEY though... Link below.

70 Deck Lid
$2,500, Is that pricey, or ridiculous? There is a very good one on ebay with a starting bid of $650 It is starting it's third auction. No one has made the 1st bid. Mine appears to be a factory Go Wing Spoiler deck lid.

IMG_20220708_112904978.jpg

Lid016.jpg

Back