• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

decode fender tag

Dave

Reaction score
can someone decode my fender tag for me for this 69 rr that i just bought here is a pic of itfender tag.jpg

fender tag.jpg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A lovely Lynch Road FT...they give you just enough info to frustrate you... :lol:

Here ya go, grouped by line from top to bottom:

21104: LR Gate Series Number
139105: LR Line Sequence Number
9: 1969
A: Lynch Road Assembly Plant
133495: VIN Sequence Number

926: 383 4BBL, automatic transmission, heater, 335hp, Orange
594: 3.55 SG, 8 3/4, 11" rear & front drums (A36 Pkg)
093: 727 Automatic Transmission, 383-4BBL & 440 HP engines

26: 26” Radiator

7X: Longitudinal Accent Stripes (body side, paint) - Black
N96: Fresh Air Hood (Air Grabber)

R6: Exterior Color, Red
R6: Top Color, Red
H2X: Trim - High, Vinyl Bench Seat, Black
X9: Int. Door Frames, Black

RM23: Plymouth Road Runner, 2 Door Hardtop
E63: 383 cid 4 barrel V8 H.P. 335hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
925: Build Date: September 25
214328: VON

Dave

Reaction score
thanks for decoding my fender tag for me Acme A12. there are 2 things im not sure about tho. first my car has buckets and a console not bench seat so maybe someone changed it? and the other thing there are no longitudinal accent stripes

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
or could that be the stripes on the hood?

no, it says side stripes, so that should be the pin stripes along the sides. member roadcuda has those. was the car repainted? A36 is an axle package IIRC.

Dave

Reaction score
Thanks Basketcase. i did not know that 69 RR came with stripes on the sides, yes i was told the car was repainted so they must not have put the stripes back on the sides. what do u think about my question about the bucket seats?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well as much as it pains me to admit, Ray (Acme) knows his stuff :)jester:). I'd look at the steering column, does it show signs of being changed? we used to just change the collar where the column shifter would be. And look under the car, are the inner brackets there for the bucket seats? lotta guys miss that. Does you car have the console, or buddy seat? If so, see if you can tell from underneath how the console/seat brackets were mounted, I've seen three inch screws sticking out...:facepalm:

Dave

Reaction score
there also is a console with the buckets and i think it looks nicer than a bench with column shifter but on the other hand i dont like the idea that someone messed with the originality of the car and cut a hole in the floor.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
there also is a console with the buckets and i think it looks nicer than a bench with column shifter but on the other hand i dont like the idea that someone messed with the originality of the car and cut a hole in the floor.

There are a lot of guys Dave that will do what they want with a car to make it their own, not caring about originality. And that's ok because it's their car to do with as they please. But depending on what they do with it could make it hard for them to sell when they tire of it. So, since I on the other hand prefer my cars to be original that idea made my search for the '65 Formula S I wanted very hard because it seemed that most of what was available had one modification or another done to it. And while I wanted to find a 4-speed I ended up settling for an automatic. If that's all they did to your car I'd say you're lucky. You can see my car with the stripe below. Not the best pic but you'll get the idea.

DSCN2666.jpg

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
original is nice, but after 40+ it's hard to find. that conversion was a popular choise. I let a '69 Coronet R/T,needing only lower 1/4s go to scrap because it had aouto on the column. A guy i was in school with had it, and the fuel pump went out, and I towed him home. I know to this day i could have swapped a rustd out '69 Mustang parts car i had for that Coronet, but noooo, it wasn't cool with a column shifter and bench seat....

Dave

Reaction score
another strange thing is that the driver side has a regular lap belt and the pass side has one with a retractor i wonder which was original

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
another strange thing is that the driver side has a regular lap belt and the pass side has one with a retractor i wonder which was original

well the retracters should be next to the doors, with the female lap belt towards the center.

I'd do a search for road runner pics to get an idea for the stripes. your car looks great as is, even if it is red....:acme::acme::jester::jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
currently gray primer, should be going back to the shop soon to get the original F8 put on.414.jpg

414.jpg

Back