• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Decoding a Fender Tag

moparmonk

Reaction score
Hello All,
Having trouble figuring this out. This is off my 69 Satellite obviously F3 green. It is a 318 and bench seat car that was bought new by my uncle who gave it to me in 82. I have had it all this time and now working on it again. I checked the fender tag and it is not like my bird one. What are all the numbers on the top left side? the top right is the correct VIN and Serial # that does match. Ironically, the 318 is red and the door handles have black inserts and not chrome. Any Ideas? :huh:

Satellite Fender Tag 061213.JPG

moparstuart

Reaction score
moparmonk said:
Hello All,
Having trouble figuring this out. This is off my 69 Satellite obviously F3 green. It is a 318 and bench seat car that was bought new by my uncle who gave it to me in 82. I have had it all this time and now working on it again. I checked the fender tag and it is not like my bird one. What are all the numbers on the top left side? the top right is the correct VIN and Serial # that does match. Ironically, the 318 is red and the door handles have black inserts and not chrome. Any Ideas? :huh:
black knob means very early built 69 model but no idea on the strange tag like drop top said must be a lynch road deal

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
This is one odd duck, must have been a special order car. second line from the bottom F3 and F3 is roof and body color light green. MC2 = Medium grade bucket seat blue and white in color. F8 is dark green upper door panel....Bottom line RM23= Belveder medium 2dr hardtop. E44 = 318 engine. D31 = 904 auto, and 923 = Sept 23rd. The top #s are gate and sequence numbers and engine axle and trans part#s on the second line... I think the 1F is a green vinyl roof?

Back