• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DECODING FENDER TAG

vso737

Reaction score
Hi, nothing new here. I'm sure this topic has been dealt with before.
I'm trying to decode the fender tag. NOT that big of a deal of what it stands for because I'm NOT going to change anything on my jewel. I'm just curious as to what I really have.
I have the VIN decoded. Attached is a lousy picture of my fender tag. Took it years ago. I plan on taking a better picture once I remove the car from under the lift.........................
Thank you in advance,
LG,
Mikefender tag 2.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
If I'm seeing 99 99 paint code that would be a custom color! Post car with air grabber. I'm out of time right now.

vso737

Reaction score
If I'm seeing 99 99 paint code that would be a custom color! Post car with air grabber. I'm out of time right now.
YES, so far all true. I have a few of the numbers decoded. It is a four speed; air grabber hood; Los Angeles built car. No headrests and the production number being 128303, I assume it is an early 1969.
Attached is a better copy of my 'fender tag'.
Thanks a bunch,
LG,
Mike

vso737

Reaction score
YES, so far all true. I have a few of the numbers decoded. It is a four speed; air grabber hood; Los Angeles built car. No headrests and the production number being 128303, I assume it is an early 1969.
Attached is a better copy of my 'fender tag'.
Thanks a bunch,
LG,
Mike
better picture of fender tag

vso737

Reaction score
screenshot.jpg
I'm NOT able to decode the items circled in RED. I'm guessing that the "H2X" may be the HOOD. I have two black racing stripes on it.
Any help highly appreciated....................
LG,
Mike

Roadtrip

Reaction score
C10 is December 10 1968 Production hence no head rests which became mandatory in January 1969.

As 69hemibeep says interior is black high grade bench seat. A87 decor package affected which seat covers your bench got which is why irs likely high grade. My old road runner was A8& decor package so I’m assuming your seat covers should have looked like the attached pics.

Y69 is a little more difficult, I’m not sure I’ve seen that one before but the Y codes were usually reserved to denote ‘special’ information about the car like where it was destined to go (can, usa, or export etc.) or if it was ordered as a demo or dealer show car, corporate car, or even show car if memory serves…

vso737

Reaction score
DONE DEAL.............
I now know that my 1969 is a SPECIAL ORDER vehicle. The special order came in ORANGE; GREEN and YELLOW. So, I confirmed my suspicion that my car is a truly Omaha orange car. Attached is a better copy of the fender tag. There are only a couple of numbers/letters that I was not able to decode.
Thank you for all the help- continue to learn something new every day.......................
LG,
Mike

RR FENDER TAG- decoded.jpg

Back