• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does a COMPLETE polyurethane bushing kit exist?

Smokngun

Reaction score
Hi all, I just bought a 69 Road Runner "kit" (it's in pieces). Body is on a rotisserie now getting primed and the underside and jams painted. Once that is done I need to put the K-Member and suspension back on so I can bring it home as a roller. All of the suspension parts are in my garage and disassembled but I need to replace all of the ball joints, tie rod ends, idler/pitman arms, and all of the bushings in polyurethane. Is there a complete kit for our cars? I keep finding "Pro Kits" and Master Kits" that are missing critical pieces. Do I just have to source the other parts individually or is there truly a "Master Kit" that includes everything that exists?

Thanks all!
Mike.

Smokngun

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks! That kit had everything but the pitman arm, but they carry that too! I was hoping to get everything from one place instead of sourcing from 10 different companies. Parts ordered, thanks again!

Smokngun

Reaction score
I checked E-Bay, but my searching skills must be sub par. Nothing was as complete as the PST kit.

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
I bought PST. My only complaints were that the polyurethane bushings do squeak a bit (and I was very liberal with the use of lube they supplied) and that I think it's impossible to use the torsion bar seals.

1steuroride

Reaction score
Now that I recall I went all rubber due to the squeeking all poly gave me on my nova... I did however get poly sway bar bushings and strut rod bushings, the kit I got was Mcquay-Norris, very nice fit and quality stuff.

Last edited:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Everyone I've ever talked to that has used poly bushings and drives their car more than on and off the trailer has said they regret using the poly bushings. They squeak, ride harsher and do nothing that you can perceive to improve handling.

The poly bushing people do a real good job convincing everyone that they "need them".

In short, find some stock replacement bushings and you'll be happier.

Smokngun

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I've had full poly bushings in a Jeep CJ-7 I rebuilt from the ground up, put them in my old Ramcharger, my Duster Drag car had them, and in the SS leaf springs in my 69 Dart. I've never had a squeak out of them.

Back