• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does size matter?…so to speak!

woodwiz

Reaction score
What size and brand of carburetor are you all running on your 383’s? I believe my original Holley was a 650cfm but that is a guess at the moment. It was replaced with a 750cfm DP. That seems a bit large for a stock motor IMO.
Thanks so much!

Ranger

Reaction score
Probably a bit oversized, but mine had an Edelbrock 750 on it when I bought it. Probably because it had a real wild cam that I have since replaced with a more streetable cam. I replaced the jets & rods to lean it out a bit because it was a bit on the rich side. Runs fine and no complaints.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
650 cfm holley with 80 jet's. 383 motor with comp thumper cam. Still checking spark plug's from time to time too see if too rich. more fuel is required for ethanol fuel mixture.

woodwiz

Reaction score
I have an update on the carb...its a Holley 750CFM/CAV sec/square elec.choke if that helps.
She's pretty cold blooded on the start,but setting the pedal 1-2 times and she fires right off but sounds like it has a much bigger cam than the stock 440 cam they put in these.

Back