• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door handle latch rod fastener (i made that up)

bstan70rr

Reaction score
I am sure this question couldnt be new, but I have searched long and hard for the answer.

I cannot get my door latch rod clipped back on. It is the clip on the top of the rod at the outside door handle (the one that connect to the pivot???) You know it if you have fought with this, and I am guessing there was a special tool they used to install it at the factory. It is a U-clip on one side and three prongs (for pressure) on the other.

I have wore out both thumbs trying to push it on. I have tried tapping it on with two different tools: a large screwdriver and a pair of vice grips. I have used a whole can of WD-40. I have pried the pressure prongs out slightly. I have asked God for help. I have cussed it and talked nicely to it. I am thinking of bringing it back to the dealer and asking if it is covered under warranty.

I have tried everything including alligator clips. They worked well, but one just failed over the weekend. Could I be the only one that has had this problem???

V269

Reaction score
I just put one on the pass. side about a month ago or so and it pushed right on with no problem. Are you sure it's the correct one ? Your description sounds right but it should pop right in. :huh:

Back