• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door jamb

69vert

Reaction score
I'm replacing the quarters on my 69 and don't know how this area is supposed to look when finished. The area is at the lower rear door jamb. Does anybody have a closeup shot of this area on a finished car? Thanks

rsz_5quarter_prep_012.jpg

bbodybob

Reaction score
I don't have a good photo, but have one jamb out of my car now so I've got that all apart. On my car there was one weld at the leading edge of that part of the quarter that folds over, then it was leaded. You melted all the lead out before starting, right?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
That area was done in lead originally. I'm away from my picture file right now, maybe some one has a pic.

69vert

Reaction score
OK. So that area is supposed to be leaded and smooth. The rust took out most of that area out before I started, but I did melt out what was left of the lead. Thanks.

bbodybob

Reaction score
Here's a question back to the OP (or anyone who knows for sure) - in the attached photo, where I've drawn a red line and arrow, is that little part there that isn't on the side of the car as narrow as it looks to be in that photo? I wanted to ask to be sure, because mine still has part of the jamb stuck to it there, and I want to make sure I grind off as much as possible, while not grinding away more than I should. Although mine may be different, since it's a factory quarter and an AMD jamb.

Thanks in advance

jambtemp.JPG

69vert

Reaction score
Yes, the new quarter panel is very narrow at the point you highlighted. It makes the turn into the door jamb and is only about 1/8" wide at that point. By the way, I am using AMD quarters. Hope that makes sense to you.

Back