• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door Panels

Rumrunner

Reaction score
Still waiting on the nut-serts to arrive. I'm pre-fitting the door panels and it not quite strait forward. (Surprise)
I started to size them and a lot of the holes in the door seem correct for matching, but on the top of the door there are slots instead on hole like on the rest of the door. The clips don't fit in them and I plan on just drilling them, and a couple that don't match up.
Am I missing something? A better way?
You on this forum are the reason I'm able to say it's getting real close to being complete.

Rumrunner

Reaction score
I started to put the clips in the door panel and noticed a slight bulge on the face where I put it.
I'm hesitant on using the clips now. I don't want permanent adhesive to glue them on because as soon as I do, for some unforeseen reason I'll need to remove them. I'm kinda thinking on using the adhesive for the headliner because it stays tacky.
Any thoughts on this?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
You will find that those clips may need to be swiveled some to match up with hole in the door. I was frustrated with how you clean out the punched holes in the door panel. They were not cut all the way through on some of them. Use a block on the outside of panel when pushing the clips into the door. I also thought of glue on them, but they do need to swivel to line up with the door holes. Pattins is a virtue. LOL.

Rumrunner

Reaction score
Thanks for the response.
Taking a break on a Saturday from trying to remove the punch out holes for the clips. Had to remove the holes for the armrests first and yes, what a pain in the ass. They need to be removed with out damaging the the face.
I wonder if anyone at the factory has ever tried to remove these punch outs ?
Also, how do I get the chrome painted plastic that goes between the armrest and the door panel on? the new ones are to small of a hole to fit over my door handle. I checked the old one and they are also to small.
What am I missing?

Rumrunner

Reaction score
Duh! Found the screw on the door handle.
I should look before being a rookie.
Oh wait! I am.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Figured you would notice that for sure. We all make mistakes when in a hurry to get her done. Post some pics of your work and progress. :thumbsup:

Back